Growing up between South Bronx and Brooklyn, Booth newcomer City Haze was surrounded by hip-hop from an early age, and it wasn’t long before he decided to step into the spotlight as an artist in his own right. Though the up-and-comer’s dedicated to his grind, that doesn’t mean he’s about to neglect his lady—when she sends him an early-morning text, he responds “I’m On My Way!” hops into the shower, and heads out the door. CH’s woman has every reason to keep faith—complete with a hook by up-and-coming R&B singer Levar Thomas and a slow-jam instrumental by Andrew Lloyd, this single couldn’t sound more heartfelt, and its soulful appeal will likely net it a spot on next week’s Independent Charts. City Haze’s debut album, Star of the City drops September 5th; in the meantime, expect him to stand alongside K. Sparks and Pay$0z as one of the Booth’s most frequently featured NYC buzzmakers.
Written by Burmy on 06/17/09
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (1/23)
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- Saba, The Native Son #TopProspects
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.