Growing up between South Bronx and Brooklyn, Booth newcomer City Haze was surrounded by hip-hop from an early age, and it wasn’t long before he decided to step into the spotlight as an artist in his own right. Though the up-and-comer’s dedicated to his grind, that doesn’t mean he’s about to neglect his lady—when she sends him an early-morning text, he responds “I’m On My Way!” hops into the shower, and heads out the door. CH’s woman has every reason to keep faith—complete with a hook by up-and-coming R&B singer Levar Thomas and a slow-jam instrumental by Andrew Lloyd, this single couldn’t sound more heartfelt, and its soulful appeal will likely net it a spot on next week’s Independent Charts. City Haze’s debut album, Star of the City drops September 5th; in the meantime, expect him to stand alongside K. Sparks and Pay$0z as one of the Booth’s most frequently featured NYC buzzmakers.
Written by Burmy on 06/17/09
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.