Growing up between South Bronx and Brooklyn, Booth newcomer City Haze was surrounded by hip-hop from an early age, and it wasn’t long before he decided to step into the spotlight as an artist in his own right. Though the up-and-comer’s dedicated to his grind, that doesn’t mean he’s about to neglect his lady—when she sends him an early-morning text, he responds “I’m On My Way!” hops into the shower, and heads out the door. CH’s woman has every reason to keep faith—complete with a hook by up-and-coming R&B singer Levar Thomas and a slow-jam instrumental by Andrew Lloyd, this single couldn’t sound more heartfelt, and its soulful appeal will likely net it a spot on next week’s Independent Charts. City Haze’s debut album, Star of the City drops September 5th; in the meantime, expect him to stand alongside K. Sparks and Pay$0z as one of the Booth’s most frequently featured NYC buzzmakers.
Written by Burmy on 06/17/09
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)