Cities Aviv may be the type to forget a woman’s name and lose her number the morning after a one-night stand but, when it comes to music, he’s thinking long-term; in fact, he aims to create music that’ll keep his name on listeners’ lips Forever. Today, we get our first taste of the Memphis representative’s era-bridging style by way of his latest single, the final pre-album release off his next project. Unpronounceably-named beat crew RPLDGHSTS reach back to the ‘80s for inspiration on the production tip, crafting a driving, reverb-soaked synth/percussion backdrop for Aviv’s fly, yet reflective bars. Time to weigh in, Booth readers: has this Southern buzzmaker created one for the ages? If you’re leaning towards the affirmative, you won’t want to miss the rest of what Cities Aviv’s got in store on new street album Black Pleasure, due out tomorrow (November 13) via MISHKA.
Written by richard on 11/12/12
Submit your Rating
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.