Cities Aviv may be the type to forget a woman’s name and lose her number the morning after a one-night stand but, when it comes to music, he’s thinking long-term; in fact, he aims to create music that’ll keep his name on listeners’ lips Forever. Today, we get our first taste of the Memphis representative’s era-bridging style by way of his latest single, the final pre-album release off his next project. Unpronounceably-named beat crew RPLDGHSTS reach back to the ‘80s for inspiration on the production tip, crafting a driving, reverb-soaked synth/percussion backdrop for Aviv’s fly, yet reflective bars. Time to weigh in, Booth readers: has this Southern buzzmaker created one for the ages? If you’re leaning towards the affirmative, you won’t want to miss the rest of what Cities Aviv’s got in store on new street album Black Pleasure, due out tomorrow (November 13) via MISHKA.
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Big Boi ft. A$AP Rocky. Phantogram & A-Ha - Lanes
- BAU Music ft. Action Bronson, A$ton Matthews & J.Rocc - With My Soul
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of February 2014
- Pharrell - G I R L
- Rick Ross - Mastermind
- ScHoolboy Q - Oxymoron
- A 15 Song Tour Through Pharrell’s Career
- SchoolBoy Q ft. 2 Chainz - What They Want
- Nyzzy Nyce - Nothing Nyce
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!