I thought Gucci Mane had cornered the market on rap songs titled Lemonade, but Malibu native Cisco Adler, who we last heard delivering some yuletide cheer on Silent Night 2011, proves there’s more enough room in the game for more than one metaphorical ode to the delicious summer beverage. The headliner provides this The DJBooth world premiere’s laid back and slowly steamy production, a combination of clapping percussion and laid back synths that he tops off with a sour/sweet hook. Leading off the emcee charge is the always original Yelawolf, followed by a 16 from Dirt Nasty (aka Simon Rex, aka that dude who used to be on MTV) and closed off with a verse from geometrically dope rapper Johnny Polygon, who lays down a narrative flow about the darkside of living that party life. For more from Mr. Adler be sure to keep an eye out for his currently untitled new album, set to drop this summer and featuring the likes of Jim Jonsin, Curren$y and everyone in between.
Written by Nathan S. on 04/11/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Silent Night 2011" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DeJ Loaf - Sell Sole
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- Freddie Gibbs x Madlib ft. Action Bronson, Joey BadA$$ & Ransom - Knicks (Remix)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.