As enjoyable as it can be to hear rappers fawn over their bankrolls, I personally find that obsessing over currency is a surefire way to send my stress level soaring; thus, I try to maintain an attitude closer to that of emcee-producer duo Circa ‘87 on their new single and first Booth feature: “I’m not really worried about no dough, I’m Just Livin my life today.” It’s not that beatsmith Mike Fresh and rapper Digital Dao aren’t interested in the big bucks – on the contrary, the latter explains over his partner’s head-noddably laid-back synth production, they just don’t see the point in getting bent out of shape when they know that their big break’ll come around eventually. On the back end, The Incomparable Shakespeare (who also joins Dao on the sung hook) once again showcases mic skills as impressive as his stage name is long, spitting with total self-assurance about the success that awaits him: “No more hopes and dreams, no more ‘hopefully,’... billboards, headlines are supposed to read ‘Shakespeare, million-plus,’ and it sold in weeks.’” Circa ‘87 will release their new independent project Dreams and Dream Killers next week on August 9; keep it locked for the latest info.
Written by richard on 08/4/10
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.