As enjoyable as it can be to hear rappers fawn over their bankrolls, I personally find that obsessing over currency is a surefire way to send my stress level soaring; thus, I try to maintain an attitude closer to that of emcee-producer duo Circa ‘87 on their new single and first Booth feature: “I’m not really worried about no dough, I’m Just Livin my life today.” It’s not that beatsmith Mike Fresh and rapper Digital Dao aren’t interested in the big bucks – on the contrary, the latter explains over his partner’s head-noddably laid-back synth production, they just don’t see the point in getting bent out of shape when they know that their big break’ll come around eventually. On the back end, The Incomparable Shakespeare (who also joins Dao on the sung hook) once again showcases mic skills as impressive as his stage name is long, spitting with total self-assurance about the success that awaits him: “No more hopes and dreams, no more ‘hopefully,’... billboards, headlines are supposed to read ‘Shakespeare, million-plus,’ and it sold in weeks.’” Circa ‘87 will release their new independent project Dreams and Dream Killers next week on August 9; keep it locked for the latest info.
Written by richard on 08/4/10
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Ty Dolla $ign - $ign Language
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)