There’s no special trick to making people Sweat in the club on a Friday night; with the liquor flowing freely and bodies packing the dancefloor, you can flip on pretty much anything with a healthy level of bass and let the rest take care of itself. Making me perspire in my desk chair, in front of my laptop on a tepid Tuesday morning? Now that takes skill. On the lead single off Ciara‘s fifth studio album, the Princess of CrunkNB showcases her ability to set hearts racing and suderiferous glands working overtime through nothing more than a scorching beat and some seductive lyrics. Stanley Randolph and Kenneth Townsend handle the production side of the equation, crafting a whirring, pounding electronic backdrop (featuring the momentary intrusion of a chopped vocal sample a la Pon de Floor) for Ms. Harris’ bold and direct come-ons. On the back, the currently ubiquitous 2 Chainz shares more details on his idiosyncratic approach to lovemaking: “Get on the Rozay, do it the wrong way / Might do foreplay after sex.” Does Sweat have you perspiring? While One Woman Army as yet lacks a drop date, fans will be able to cop this sultry jam on iTunes June 19.
Written by richard on 06/5/12
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/19)
- 2 Chainz ft. Young Thug - Dresser (Lil Boy)
- Jennifer Lopez ft. Iggy Azalea - Booty (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.