There’s no special trick to making people Sweat in the club on a Friday night; with the liquor flowing freely and bodies packing the dancefloor, you can flip on pretty much anything with a healthy level of bass and let the rest take care of itself. Making me perspire in my desk chair, in front of my laptop on a tepid Tuesday morning? Now that takes skill. On the lead single off Ciara‘s fifth studio album, the Princess of CrunkNB showcases her ability to set hearts racing and suderiferous glands working overtime through nothing more than a scorching beat and some seductive lyrics. Stanley Randolph and Kenneth Townsend handle the production side of the equation, crafting a whirring, pounding electronic backdrop (featuring the momentary intrusion of a chopped vocal sample a la Pon de Floor) for Ms. Harris’ bold and direct come-ons. On the back, the currently ubiquitous 2 Chainz shares more details on his idiosyncratic approach to lovemaking: “Get on the Rozay, do it the wrong way / Might do foreplay after sex.” Does Sweat have you perspiring? While One Woman Army as yet lacks a drop date, fans will be able to cop this sultry jam on iTunes June 19.
Written by richard on 06/5/12
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Best/Worst Of The Week: DMX Loses His Shit (In a Good Way), Droog Still Isn’t Nas
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 2
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (July 2014)
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- It’s Electric: An EDM Guide For the Hip-Hop Head
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.