If you’re like me, you came up in a household where use of the word ”Gimme” would not only not get you what you wanted, but was likely to earn you a slap on the rear. Then again, “Could I please have that bass?” doesn’t roll off the tongue quite as easily as the title phrase of Ciara‘s latest feature and potential single. Like the album’s Luda-assisted lead single, this cut will sound right at home in the club; in contrast to Ride‘s sensual vibe, though, Gimme Dat is all about energy. Here, beatsmith Soundz delivers an uptempo blend of lightly-syncopated percussion, synths and vocal samples as CiCi announces her triumphant return to our speakers, and fills us in on just how much she enjoys a nice, booming bassline – and I mean she really enjoys it. So, is Gimmie Dat single material? I’ll let Booth readers weigh in on that one. In any case, fans will be able to find plenty more body-moving grooves (complete with all the bass your subwoofers can handle) on Basic Instinct, due out August 17, via LaFace/Zomba.
Written by richard on 07/18/10
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.