If you’re like me, you came up in a household where use of the word ”Gimme” would not only not get you what you wanted, but was likely to earn you a slap on the rear. Then again, “Could I please have that bass?” doesn’t roll off the tongue quite as easily as the title phrase of Ciara‘s latest feature and potential single. Like the album’s Luda-assisted lead single, this cut will sound right at home in the club; in contrast to Ride‘s sensual vibe, though, Gimme Dat is all about energy. Here, beatsmith Soundz delivers an uptempo blend of lightly-syncopated percussion, synths and vocal samples as CiCi announces her triumphant return to our speakers, and fills us in on just how much she enjoys a nice, booming bassline – and I mean she really enjoys it. So, is Gimmie Dat single material? I’ll let Booth readers weigh in on that one. In any case, fans will be able to find plenty more body-moving grooves (complete with all the bass your subwoofers can handle) on Basic Instinct, due out August 17, via LaFace/Zomba.
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Drama x Don Cannon x Trendsetter Sense - The Boondocks Mixtape (Season 4)
- Mick Jenkins - Steam
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Chart (April 14, 2014)
- Future - Honest LP
- Nas - Illmatic XX
- Dizzy Wright - State of Mind EP
- Locksmith - A Thousand Cuts
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.