If you’re like me, you came up in a household where use of the word ”Gimme” would not only not get you what you wanted, but was likely to earn you a slap on the rear. Then again, “Could I please have that bass?” doesn’t roll off the tongue quite as easily as the title phrase of Ciara‘s latest feature and potential single. Like the album’s Luda-assisted lead single, this cut will sound right at home in the club; in contrast to Ride‘s sensual vibe, though, Gimme Dat is all about energy. Here, beatsmith Soundz delivers an uptempo blend of lightly-syncopated percussion, synths and vocal samples as CiCi announces her triumphant return to our speakers, and fills us in on just how much she enjoys a nice, booming bassline – and I mean she really enjoys it. So, is Gimmie Dat single material? I’ll let Booth readers weigh in on that one. In any case, fans will be able to find plenty more body-moving grooves (complete with all the bass your subwoofers can handle) on Basic Instinct, due out August 17, via LaFace/Zomba.
Written by richard on 07/18/10
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)