Perhaps because so many of us learned the English alphabet in the form of a song, the ABCs have enjoyed a special popularity in the world of music. As underground hip-hop fans may remember, Papoose and K. Sparks both spit inspired bars centered on one letter at a time, Pap on indie classic Alphabetical Slaughter and Sparks on Manic Mondays opener Dictionary. Now, Ciara‘s crafted an uptempo dance song with a similar concept. As she travels from (A-Z), the singer’s primary focus is on the seventh letter of the alphabet—after all, G Is For Girl as well as “gangsta.” A few of CiCi’s Love Sex Magic collaborators return on this cut, as Justin Timberlake and his production team The Y’s (made up of Rob Knox and James Fauntleroy) handle the chorus ad-libs and beat, and the end result should get an “A+” from many of our readers. One last note for all you fans: ‘F’ is for Fantasy Ride and also for the Fifth of May—hopefully that’ll help you remember to pick up a copy of Ciara’s junior album when it hits stores next month.
Written by Burmy on 04/20/09
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.