Perhaps because so many of us learned the English alphabet in the form of a song, the ABCs have enjoyed a special popularity in the world of music. As underground hip-hop fans may remember, Papoose and K. Sparks both spit inspired bars centered on one letter at a time, Pap on indie classic Alphabetical Slaughter and Sparks on Manic Mondays opener Dictionary. Now, Ciara‘s crafted an uptempo dance song with a similar concept. As she travels from (A-Z), the singer’s primary focus is on the seventh letter of the alphabet—after all, G Is For Girl as well as “gangsta.” A few of CiCi’s Love Sex Magic collaborators return on this cut, as Justin Timberlake and his production team The Y’s (made up of Rob Knox and James Fauntleroy) handle the chorus ad-libs and beat, and the end result should get an “A+” from many of our readers. One last note for all you fans: ‘F’ is for Fantasy Ride and also for the Fifth of May—hopefully that’ll help you remember to pick up a copy of Ciara’s junior album when it hits stores next month.
Written by Burmy on 04/20/09
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 2014, The Year I Learned to Say Fuck the Police
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.