Perhaps because so many of us learned the English alphabet in the form of a song, the ABCs have enjoyed a special popularity in the world of music. As underground hip-hop fans may remember, Papoose and K. Sparks both spit inspired bars centered on one letter at a time, Pap on indie classic Alphabetical Slaughter and Sparks on Manic Mondays opener Dictionary. Now, Ciara‘s crafted an uptempo dance song with a similar concept. As she travels from (A-Z), the singer’s primary focus is on the seventh letter of the alphabet—after all, G Is For Girl as well as “gangsta.” A few of CiCi’s Love Sex Magic collaborators return on this cut, as Justin Timberlake and his production team The Y’s (made up of Rob Knox and James Fauntleroy) handle the chorus ad-libs and beat, and the end result should get an “A+” from many of our readers. One last note for all you fans: ‘F’ is for Fantasy Ride and also for the Fifth of May—hopefully that’ll help you remember to pick up a copy of Ciara’s junior album when it hits stores next month.
Written by Burmy on 04/20/09
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Ty Dolla $ign - $ign Language
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)