Perhaps because so many of us learned the English alphabet in the form of a song, the ABCs have enjoyed a special popularity in the world of music. As underground hip-hop fans may remember, Papoose and K. Sparks both spit inspired bars centered on one letter at a time, Pap on indie classic Alphabetical Slaughter and Sparks on Manic Mondays opener Dictionary. Now, Ciara‘s crafted an uptempo dance song with a similar concept. As she travels from (A-Z), the singer’s primary focus is on the seventh letter of the alphabet—after all, G Is For Girl as well as “gangsta.” A few of CiCi’s Love Sex Magic collaborators return on this cut, as Justin Timberlake and his production team The Y’s (made up of Rob Knox and James Fauntleroy) handle the chorus ad-libs and beat, and the end result should get an “A+” from many of our readers. One last note for all you fans: ‘F’ is for Fantasy Ride and also for the Fifth of May—hopefully that’ll help you remember to pick up a copy of Ciara’s junior album when it hits stores next month.
Written by Burmy on 04/20/09
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Trizz - Reality Check
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- It’s Electric: An EDM Guide For the Hip-Hop Head
- Best/Worst Of The Week: Coolio Turns To Porn, Nicki’s Comical Booty & More
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Sean Brown - The Top
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.