In the world of commercial hip-hop and R&B, the artists who sell the most records are typically those who find a successful formula for their music and stick to it. In March of ’05, Ciara saw her Ludacris-assisted single, Oh, rise to platinum certification. Three and a half years later, it should come as no surprise to her fans that High Price, the potential lead single off her third album, Fantasy Ride, sounds suspiciously like it. Ludacris once again shows up for a brief guest verse, while producer Tricky Stewart (best known for his work on Rihanna’s Umbrella) lays down a Crunk&B beat remarkably similar to Oh’s. To Ciara’s credit, her delivery takes on a unique, opera-like approach that will likely piss off her hardcore fans. Consider it a lesson learned, Ciara: if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it.
Member Reviews and Ratings
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of February 2014
- Pharrell - G I R L
- Rick Ross - Mastermind
- ScHoolboy Q - Oxymoron
- A 15 Song Tour Through Pharrell’s Career
- SchoolBoy Q ft. 2 Chainz - What They Want
- Future ft. Pharrell, Pusha T & Casino - Move That Dope
- Nyzzy Nyce - Nothing Nyce
- Devin Miles - Where the DJs At?
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!