On the recently released record, Ahh, Ciara claims she is just “trying to be real.” Despite the over-used nature of that expression, her direct lyrical selection seems to indicate the obvious: Ciara is very sexual. If that wasn’t obvious when her Goodies arrived in 2004, or when she got hot and heavy with 50 Cent this past year, titling a song after the most common-sounding moan puts her over the top. With competition in the R&B market heating back up with releases this year from veterans Usher, Mariah Carey and R. Kelly (pending the outcome of his February trial), Ciara is obviously willing to do whatever it takes to stay ahead of the rumbling pack. Not surprisingly, her goodies still taste as good as ever.
Written by DJ Z on 01/1/08
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.