On the recently released record, Ahh, Ciara claims she is just “trying to be real.” Despite the over-used nature of that expression, her direct lyrical selection seems to indicate the obvious: Ciara is very sexual. If that wasn’t obvious when her Goodies arrived in 2004, or when she got hot and heavy with 50 Cent this past year, titling a song after the most common-sounding moan puts her over the top. With competition in the R&B market heating back up with releases this year from veterans Usher, Mariah Carey and R. Kelly (pending the outcome of his February trial), Ciara is obviously willing to do whatever it takes to stay ahead of the rumbling pack. Not surprisingly, her goodies still taste as good as ever.
Written by DJ Z on 01/1/08
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- Run The Jewels - Blockbuster Night (Part 1)
- T.I. ft. Skylar Grey - New National Anthem
- Interview With a “White Rapper”: Rittz on Race, Respect & Hip-Hop
- Statik Selektah - What Goes Around
- Wiz Khalifa - Blacc Hollywood
- Kanye West is Right, the Media is the Fucking Worst
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.