On the recently released record, Ahh, Ciara claims she is just “trying to be real.” Despite the over-used nature of that expression, her direct lyrical selection seems to indicate the obvious: Ciara is very sexual. If that wasn’t obvious when her Goodies arrived in 2004, or when she got hot and heavy with 50 Cent this past year, titling a song after the most common-sounding moan puts her over the top. With competition in the R&B market heating back up with releases this year from veterans Usher, Mariah Carey and R. Kelly (pending the outcome of his February trial), Ciara is obviously willing to do whatever it takes to stay ahead of the rumbling pack. Not surprisingly, her goodies still taste as good as ever.
Written by DJ Z on 01/1/08
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.