On the recently released record, Ahh, Ciara claims she is just “trying to be real.” Despite the over-used nature of that expression, her direct lyrical selection seems to indicate the obvious: Ciara is very sexual. If that wasn’t obvious when her Goodies arrived in 2004, or when she got hot and heavy with 50 Cent this past year, titling a song after the most common-sounding moan puts her over the top. With competition in the R&B market heating back up with releases this year from veterans Usher, Mariah Carey and R. Kelly (pending the outcome of his February trial), Ciara is obviously willing to do whatever it takes to stay ahead of the rumbling pack. Not surprisingly, her goodies still taste as good as ever.
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Logic ft. Big Sean - Alright
- Top Remixes of the Month [April 2014]
- Asher Roth - Retrohash
- Iggy Azalea - The New Classic
- Joyner Lucas - Don’t Ask for Nothin
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Songs Chart (April 21, 2014)
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: Statik Selektah
- Future - Honest LP
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Whoo Kid Breaks Down His Essential DJ Set-Up
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.