Growing up I was always told the same things by my mother and father. Sometimes I was told separately, but more often than not it felt as though they were in tune with each other. Similarly, it’s not hard to understand why artists always seem to be repeating themselves: in order to make sure your intended audience is clear on what you’re saying, your message needs to resonate. In accordance with this philosophy, Ciara has created an Echo. On this Danjahandz and The Clutch-assisted record, tentatively scheduled to appear on her forthcoming Fantasy Ride, due out December 9, Miss CiCi confirms her lock on both the hood and the burbs. Additionally, we are told that she has moves and curves (both of which 99% of the listening population already knew, but we get the point). By track’s end, the points are well made; are they equally well-received?
Written by DJ Z on 10/14/08
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- Run The Jewels - Blockbuster Night (Part 1)
- T.I. ft. Skylar Grey - New National Anthem
- Interview With a “White Rapper”: Rittz on Race, Respect & Hip-Hop
- Statik Selektah - What Goes Around
- Wiz Khalifa - Blacc Hollywood
- Kanye West is Right, the Media is the Fucking Worst
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.