Growing up I was always told the same things by my mother and father. Sometimes I was told separately, but more often than not it felt as though they were in tune with each other. Similarly, it’s not hard to understand why artists always seem to be repeating themselves: in order to make sure your intended audience is clear on what you’re saying, your message needs to resonate. In accordance with this philosophy, Ciara has created an Echo. On this Danjahandz and The Clutch-assisted record, tentatively scheduled to appear on her forthcoming Fantasy Ride, due out December 9, Miss CiCi confirms her lock on both the hood and the burbs. Additionally, we are told that she has moves and curves (both of which 99% of the listening population already knew, but we get the point). By track’s end, the points are well made; are they equally well-received?
Written by DJ Z on 10/14/08
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.