Growing up I was always told the same things by my mother and father. Sometimes I was told separately, but more often than not it felt as though they were in tune with each other. Similarly, it’s not hard to understand why artists always seem to be repeating themselves: in order to make sure your intended audience is clear on what you’re saying, your message needs to resonate. In accordance with this philosophy, Ciara has created an Echo. On this Danjahandz and The Clutch-assisted record, tentatively scheduled to appear on her forthcoming Fantasy Ride, due out December 9, Miss CiCi confirms her lock on both the hood and the burbs. Additionally, we are told that she has moves and curves (both of which 99% of the listening population already knew, but we get the point). By track’s end, the points are well made; are they equally well-received?
Written by DJ Z on 10/14/08
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.