As a member of the DJBooth, it’s quite a feeling to know that a collective body of friends and audiophiles can have an appreciation for the not-yet-discovered. The underground, fresh, upcoming emcees are more valued than ever now, and it’s good to know that there are others that understand the difference between the talented and Kreayshawn (whoops, Freudian slip). Our sister site released a forewarning of Chuuwee’s West Coast success last November, but now he’s joining us for his first Booth feature with What’s the Word. If you haven’t checked the Sacramento artist yet, this single is a great one to put you on, with silky smooth lyrics from Chu as well as a creative and head-nodding west coast production from Jonathan Lowell. If you’re a fan of The Word, do what I did check out his other work (also dope) and keep an ear to the ground for his and Lowell’s EP, Be Cool, dropping July 30.
Written by Sigurd on 07/26/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- T.I. ft. Young Thug, Lil Wayne & Jeezy - About The Money (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Nikki Jean - Haile Selassie
- Every Logic Song We’ve Ever Featured
- Shady XV: Eminem is Dropping a New Album & I Don’t Care
- S1 Confirms Kanye West Working on New Album, Songs Are “Feel Good” #A3CProAudio
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (10/20)
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.