As a member of the DJBooth, it’s quite a feeling to know that a collective body of friends and audiophiles can have an appreciation for the not-yet-discovered. The underground, fresh, upcoming emcees are more valued than ever now, and it’s good to know that there are others that understand the difference between the talented and Kreayshawn (whoops, Freudian slip). Our sister site released a forewarning of Chuuwee’s West Coast success last November, but now he’s joining us for his first Booth feature with What’s the Word. If you haven’t checked the Sacramento artist yet, this single is a great one to put you on, with silky smooth lyrics from Chu as well as a creative and head-nodding west coast production from Jonathan Lowell. If you’re a fan of The Word, do what I did check out his other work (also dope) and keep an ear to the ground for his and Lowell’s EP, Be Cool, dropping July 30.
Written by Sigurd on 07/26/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.