As a member of the DJBooth, it’s quite a feeling to know that a collective body of friends and audiophiles can have an appreciation for the not-yet-discovered. The underground, fresh, upcoming emcees are more valued than ever now, and it’s good to know that there are others that understand the difference between the talented and Kreayshawn (whoops, Freudian slip). Our sister site released a forewarning of Chuuwee’s West Coast success last November, but now he’s joining us for his first Booth feature with What’s the Word. If you haven’t checked the Sacramento artist yet, this single is a great one to put you on, with silky smooth lyrics from Chu as well as a creative and head-nodding west coast production from Jonathan Lowell. If you’re a fan of The Word, do what I did check out his other work (also dope) and keep an ear to the ground for his and Lowell’s EP, Be Cool, dropping July 30.
Written by Sigurd on 07/26/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.