Not satisfied with simply sitting back and watching rap’s reigning Goliaths enjoy their position of power, Chuuwee has come to Re-Siege the Throne and take his rightful place at the top. On the latest single off his forthcoming EP, the Sacramento rhymesayer issues an ultimatum: “Step down, and you will not be harmed.” Of course, before he topples the tyrants, the emcee’s got to crush all other pretenders to the throne. Over ENG‘s hard-nosed boardwork, a street-ready blend of insistent piano chords, swirling string accents and slow-rolling percussion, the emcee unleashes a barage of trash-talk upon his peers, spitting “I’m so appalled by these half-ass, wack-ass n*ggas kickin’ this crap-ass, takin’ a bubble-bath, soft as hot plastic…” and adding, “You get did in the ass, on some Ray J goon sh*t.” Away Team emcee Sean Boog asserts his own dominance over the game on the back, announcing: “New sheriff in town, seven-and-an-eighth fitted is the new crown.” Think Chuuwee’s got what it takes to become hip-hop royalty? Then you won’t want to miss the rest of the freshness in store on his Booth-sponsored Watching the Throne EP, set to hit our mixtape page for free streaming and download Nov. 16.
Written by richard on 11/10/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"What's The Word" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 1 Listen Album Review: Drake’s “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.