Upon reading the title of Chuuwee‘s latest mixtape single, K.i.L.L. People, the first word’s acronym-esque appearance led me to expect that there was some kind of double-meaning involved, and that the record would be about something besides murder. Oh, how wrong I was. Despite the unconventional spelling choice, the Sacramento repper’s sole objective here is to commit lyrical homicide. Fresh off earning positive reader reviews for solo single White Tiger, fraternal beat duo Hippie Sabotage handle production duties, backing Chuuwee’s reign of terror with piercing piano chords and chopped guitar riffs. Fans will be able to find this joint, the reader-acclaimed Basquiat & Rocko and much more on the artist’s ThriLL project, dropping digitally July 30.
Written by richard on 06/27/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"What's The Word" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Beyond the Lights: Machine Gun Kelly Learns to Act Like Himself
- Reggie Bonds - Stream of Consciousness Pt. 1
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.