Upon reading the title of Chuuwee‘s latest mixtape single, K.i.L.L. People, the first word’s acronym-esque appearance led me to expect that there was some kind of double-meaning involved, and that the record would be about something besides murder. Oh, how wrong I was. Despite the unconventional spelling choice, the Sacramento repper’s sole objective here is to commit lyrical homicide. Fresh off earning positive reader reviews for solo single White Tiger, fraternal beat duo Hippie Sabotage handle production duties, backing Chuuwee’s reign of terror with piercing piano chords and chopped guitar riffs. Fans will be able to find this joint, the reader-acclaimed Basquiat & Rocko and much more on the artist’s ThriLL project, dropping digitally July 30.
Written by richard on 06/27/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"What's The Word" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.