Upon reading the title of Chuuwee‘s latest mixtape single, K.i.L.L. People, the first word’s acronym-esque appearance led me to expect that there was some kind of double-meaning involved, and that the record would be about something besides murder. Oh, how wrong I was. Despite the unconventional spelling choice, the Sacramento repper’s sole objective here is to commit lyrical homicide. Fresh off earning positive reader reviews for solo single White Tiger, fraternal beat duo Hippie Sabotage handle production duties, backing Chuuwee’s reign of terror with piercing piano chords and chopped guitar riffs. Fans will be able to find this joint, the reader-acclaimed Basquiat & Rocko and much more on the artist’s ThriLL project, dropping digitally July 30.
Written by richard on 06/27/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"What's The Word" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.