The title of Chuuwee‘s latest single may be Japanese for “suicide attack,” but don’t worry; self-destruction isn’t on the Booth fave’s agenda. On the contrary, the Sacramento representative intends to stay elevated for the foreseeable future. An ode to his recent global global travels, Kamikaze finds the emcee getting high on a potent cocktail of narcotics as he cruises toward his next destination (which, judging by the free-associative hook, is the Land of the Rising Sun). Producer Ron Shaw backs Chuuwee’s blunted, yet ambitious bars with an airy string/brass sample and sizzling trap hi-hats. Does this jet-setting banger have you on cloud nine? Then don’t miss the rest of the fresh material slated for inclusion on DJBooth-hosted street album Thrill, set to drop next Tuesday (7/30) in both free and premium versions.
Update: Click “Watch Video” above or scroll down to view Chuuwee’s Van Dope-directed Kamikaze visual.
Written by richard on 08/8/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"What's The Word" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DeJ Loaf - Sell Sole
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- Freddie Gibbs x Madlib ft. Action Bronson, Joey BadA$$ & Ransom - Knicks (Remix)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.