The title of Chuuwee‘s latest single may be Japanese for “suicide attack,” but don’t worry; self-destruction isn’t on the Booth fave’s agenda. On the contrary, the Sacramento representative intends to stay elevated for the foreseeable future. An ode to his recent global global travels, Kamikaze finds the emcee getting high on a potent cocktail of narcotics as he cruises toward his next destination (which, judging by the free-associative hook, is the Land of the Rising Sun). Producer Ron Shaw backs Chuuwee’s blunted, yet ambitious bars with an airy string/brass sample and sizzling trap hi-hats. Does this jet-setting banger have you on cloud nine? Then don’t miss the rest of the fresh material slated for inclusion on DJBooth-hosted street album Thrill, set to drop next Tuesday (7/30) in both free and premium versions.
Update: Click “Watch Video” above or scroll down to view Chuuwee’s Van Dope-directed Kamikaze visual.
Written by richard on 08/8/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"What's The Word" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.