Lately, it appears as though Booth regular Chuuwee has been playing well with others. His last few Booth feature spots, including an LP with Shae Money (The Great GatZby) have all included a collaborative partner. On I Know The Game, a DJBooth premiere, the West Coast buzzmaker appears alongside Philly emcee GrandeMarshall. Heck, even the boards are shared; Shae Money and Rob Peezy start things off slowly with a sporadic, minimalist drum that quickly turns into a milky, leaning beat. The production is perfect for the blunted flow and lady-killin’ lyrics of both artists. This effort is not currently attached to anything bigger, but if you’d like more from GrandeMarshall, we suggest July’s Dedicated To.
Written by Lucas G. on 10/13/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"What's The Word" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.