Whenever a rapper makes it big, it is inevitable that those who knew them back in the day will say that they’ve become a different person. Chuuwee flips the script on his latest effort; he has stayed the same, while the other rappers have Changed—and not for the better. Swoots’ chiming, boom bap-splashed boardwork is an interesting juxtaposition to the artist’s hostile bars, which find him asserting his authenticity as well as decapitating the rappers who don artificial personas instead of coming correct. While Chuuwee’s tone might be a little more aggressive than usual, especially compared to his last Booth feature, Minds That Collide, the Sac-Town native’s slick wordplay remains true. Its not too often an emcee can squeeze references to Tupac, Richie Rich, Apollo Creed and Ryan Lochte into the same song. Fans of this effort won’t have to wait long for more, as WildStyle: B Side is set to drop next week under his TUSTBC imprint.
Written by Lucas G. on 03/15/13
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"What's The Word" (2011)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Best/Worst Of The Week: Coolio Turns To Porn, Nicki’s Comical Booty & More
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Sean Brown - The Top
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Kanye Thinks Drake is #1 Right Now - Is He Right? (Rap Power Rankings)
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (June 2014)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.