At first listen it may be hard to believe that Sacramento spitter Chuuwee is a 21-year-old rapper making noise in the year 2012 because his rhymes certainly sound like they’re fresh out of a 90’s hip-hop time capsule. On his latest cut, 40oz & 40 Sacs/Beastie Boy, the rapper takes his 90’s nostalgia and gives it a double shot of Red Bull thanks to production from both JTN15 and Tellapath, who provide the record with two varying, but very much nostalgic beats. The emcee doesn’t hesitate in flaunting his clever lyricism either as he raps, “It ain’t my fault these silk ni**as get shocked in rhymes that Pac would really Anne Hathaway.” 40oz & 40 Sacs/Beastie Boy serves as the first song release from the West Coast lyricist’s Wild Style mixtape, which is due out on October 8, a prelude to ‘13 formal debut album 3rd Coastin.
Written by Danielle H. on 09/25/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"What's The Word" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- 5 More Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (September 2014)
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/26)
- Kings Dead - Don’t Need Much
- Nova Rockafeller ft. Michael Christmas - Problem
- Stalley ft. Rick Ross - Everything A Dope Boy Ever Wanted
- Saigon - GSNT3: The Troubled Times of Brian Carenard
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.