At first listen it may be hard to believe that Sacramento spitter Chuuwee is a 21-year-old rapper making noise in the year 2012 because his rhymes certainly sound like they’re fresh out of a 90’s hip-hop time capsule. On his latest cut, 40oz & 40 Sacs/Beastie Boy, the rapper takes his 90’s nostalgia and gives it a double shot of Red Bull thanks to production from both JTN15 and Tellapath, who provide the record with two varying, but very much nostalgic beats. The emcee doesn’t hesitate in flaunting his clever lyricism either as he raps, “It ain’t my fault these silk ni**as get shocked in rhymes that Pac would really Anne Hathaway.” 40oz & 40 Sacs/Beastie Boy serves as the first song release from the West Coast lyricist’s Wild Style mixtape, which is due out on October 8, a prelude to ‘13 formal debut album 3rd Coastin.
Written by Danielle H. on 09/25/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"What's The Word" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DeJ Loaf - Sell Sole
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- Freddie Gibbs x Madlib ft. Action Bronson, Joey BadA$$ & Ransom - Knicks (Remix)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.