At first listen it may be hard to believe that Sacramento spitter Chuuwee is a 21-year-old rapper making noise in the year 2012 because his rhymes certainly sound like they’re fresh out of a 90’s hip-hop time capsule. On his latest cut, 40oz & 40 Sacs/Beastie Boy, the rapper takes his 90’s nostalgia and gives it a double shot of Red Bull thanks to production from both JTN15 and Tellapath, who provide the record with two varying, but very much nostalgic beats. The emcee doesn’t hesitate in flaunting his clever lyricism either as he raps, “It ain’t my fault these silk ni**as get shocked in rhymes that Pac would really Anne Hathaway.” 40oz & 40 Sacs/Beastie Boy serves as the first song release from the West Coast lyricist’s Wild Style mixtape, which is due out on October 8, a prelude to ‘13 formal debut album 3rd Coastin.
Written by Danielle H. on 09/25/12
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"What's The Word" (2011)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Kanye Thinks Drake is #1 Right Now - Is He Right? (Rap Power Rankings)
- The Weeknd - King of the Fall
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Mick Jenkins, The Conscience #TopProspects
- Jeremih x Shlohmo - No More EP
- Drake’s New Album is Titled “Views From the 6”: Dope, Wack or Eh?
- Real Recognize Real: GoldLink on Loving Lil Bibby, Shaq & Robots
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (June 2014)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.