Life is full of fundamental, inescapable equations: one plus one always equals two, hydrogen plus oxygen always equal water, and T-Pain plus [insert just about any artist’s name] collaborations will always be instant hits. Chucky Boy, an up-and-coming rapper from Tampa, certainly knows his math. His new single, Ridin Out, is a festive track with a late-90’s feel featuring a hook sung by none other than the hitmaker himself. As its title suggests, the track is a happy-go-lucky tribute to interstate joyriding. Chucky’s three excited verses and T-Pain’s uplifting hook are driven by M. Rell’s likeminded production, complete with a bright string ensemble and celebratory claps. In the end, it all adds up.
Written by Charlie E. on 05/20/08
Submit your Rating
Great Things Ent/Splitta Rec (Indie)
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 2014, The Year I Learned to Say Fuck the Police
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.