The underdog always seems to be the hungriest, not only when it comes to Hip-Hop but also when it comes to life in general. One of my favorite sound bites has always been the Notorious B.I.G. statement in Jay-Z’s My 1st Song. Biggies goes on to say, “…the key to staying, on top of things is to treat everything like it’s your first project.” Today, Chuck L.i. is here to do just that with his latest song, Rapstar. Starting off immediately, Chuck jumps on the track quicker than the participants at Churchill Downs; this one however is a different type of track. Going over topics of the ups and downs of being an artist on the rise, the Windy City native quickly establishes his desires and displays his qualifications over Tapez’ production. Recently being featured in the Booth for Level Up, Chuck is continuing his entry into the Hip Hop world hoping to solidify his slot. With the sample-driven production on Rapstar, Chuck’s laid-back approach is the peanut butter to Tapez’s jelly. Chuck’s future has yet to be determined, but with an early buzz at this point it sure is looking promising.
Written by Ivan Ibarra on 05/19/11
Chi-town rhymesayer Chuck L.i. has come together with The DJBooth to bring listeners his latest street release, Charles. The Windy City representative's first full-length project in nearly three years, the set features 14...
First DJ Booth Appearance:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- After Wiz Khalifa’s “Blacc Hollywood”, What Does a Number One Album Mean?
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)