The underdog always seems to be the hungriest, not only when it comes to Hip-Hop but also when it comes to life in general. One of my favorite sound bites has always been the Notorious B.I.G. statement in Jay-Z’s My 1st Song. Biggies goes on to say, “…the key to staying, on top of things is to treat everything like it’s your first project.” Today, Chuck L.i. is here to do just that with his latest song, Rapstar. Starting off immediately, Chuck jumps on the track quicker than the participants at Churchill Downs; this one however is a different type of track. Going over topics of the ups and downs of being an artist on the rise, the Windy City native quickly establishes his desires and displays his qualifications over Tapez’ production. Recently being featured in the Booth for Level Up, Chuck is continuing his entry into the Hip Hop world hoping to solidify his slot. With the sample-driven production on Rapstar, Chuck’s laid-back approach is the peanut butter to Tapez’s jelly. Chuck’s future has yet to be determined, but with an early buzz at this point it sure is looking promising.
Written by Ivan Ibarra on 05/19/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DeJ Loaf - Sell Sole
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- Freddie Gibbs x Madlib ft. Action Bronson, Joey BadA$$ & Ransom - Knicks (Remix)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.