The underdog always seems to be the hungriest, not only when it comes to Hip-Hop but also when it comes to life in general. One of my favorite sound bites has always been the Notorious B.I.G. statement in Jay-Z’s My 1st Song. Biggies goes on to say, “…the key to staying, on top of things is to treat everything like it’s your first project.” Today, Chuck L.i. is here to do just that with his latest song, Rapstar. Starting off immediately, Chuck jumps on the track quicker than the participants at Churchill Downs; this one however is a different type of track. Going over topics of the ups and downs of being an artist on the rise, the Windy City native quickly establishes his desires and displays his qualifications over Tapez’ production. Recently being featured in the Booth for Level Up, Chuck is continuing his entry into the Hip Hop world hoping to solidify his slot. With the sample-driven production on Rapstar, Chuck’s laid-back approach is the peanut butter to Tapez’s jelly. Chuck’s future has yet to be determined, but with an early buzz at this point it sure is looking promising.
Written by Ivan Ibarra on 05/19/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.