Why is Chuck L.i.‘s latest release titled Owls? Excellent question, but I’m afraid you’ll just have to listen to the track’s hook to find out. Frankly I don’t think the written word would do it justice. And now that I’ve got you properly intrigued let’s go back and fill in the details. Making its world premiere in The DJBooth, Owls is sparked by a beat from Austin White that contains one of the more addictive bass lines you’re going to hear. Over that slowly rolling instrumental the Chi-Town emcee lets haters and doubters alike know that they’re absolutely powerless to stop him: “Shorty in my whip singing Ass, Ass / so I pulled right over and put her ass against the dash.” Add in an equally stunting guest verse from Caleb James and you’ve got what could likely become hip-hop’s first owl-related anthem. While I can’t guarantee every hook will be this memorable, fans of Chuck’s music will want to keep an ear out for his upcoming album Charles, set to exclusively hit our pages on June 25.
Written by Nathan S. on 05/29/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- Saba, The Native Son #TopProspects
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.