Why is Chuck L.i.‘s latest release titled Owls? Excellent question, but I’m afraid you’ll just have to listen to the track’s hook to find out. Frankly I don’t think the written word would do it justice. And now that I’ve got you properly intrigued let’s go back and fill in the details. Making its world premiere in The DJBooth, Owls is sparked by a beat from Austin White that contains one of the more addictive bass lines you’re going to hear. Over that slowly rolling instrumental the Chi-Town emcee lets haters and doubters alike know that they’re absolutely powerless to stop him: “Shorty in my whip singing Ass, Ass / so I pulled right over and put her ass against the dash.” Add in an equally stunting guest verse from Caleb James and you’ve got what could likely become hip-hop’s first owl-related anthem. While I can’t guarantee every hook will be this memorable, fans of Chuck’s music will want to keep an ear out for his upcoming album Charles, set to exclusively hit our pages on June 25.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of February 2014
- Pharrell - G I R L
- Rick Ross - Mastermind
- ScHoolboy Q - Oxymoron
- A 15 Song Tour Through Pharrell’s Career
- SchoolBoy Q ft. 2 Chainz - What They Want
- Future ft. Pharrell, Pusha T & Casino - Move That Dope
- Nyzzy Nyce - Nothing Nyce
- Devin Miles - Where the DJs At?
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!