Why is Chuck L.i.‘s latest release titled Owls? Excellent question, but I’m afraid you’ll just have to listen to the track’s hook to find out. Frankly I don’t think the written word would do it justice. And now that I’ve got you properly intrigued let’s go back and fill in the details. Making its world premiere in The DJBooth, Owls is sparked by a beat from Austin White that contains one of the more addictive bass lines you’re going to hear. Over that slowly rolling instrumental the Chi-Town emcee lets haters and doubters alike know that they’re absolutely powerless to stop him: “Shorty in my whip singing Ass, Ass / so I pulled right over and put her ass against the dash.” Add in an equally stunting guest verse from Caleb James and you’ve got what could likely become hip-hop’s first owl-related anthem. While I can’t guarantee every hook will be this memorable, fans of Chuck’s music will want to keep an ear out for his upcoming album Charles, set to exclusively hit our pages on June 25.
Written by Nathan S. on 05/29/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Beyond the Lights: Machine Gun Kelly Learns to Act Like Himself
- Reggie Bonds - Stream of Consciousness Pt. 1
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.