Why is Chuck L.i.‘s latest release titled Owls? Excellent question, but I’m afraid you’ll just have to listen to the track’s hook to find out. Frankly I don’t think the written word would do it justice. And now that I’ve got you properly intrigued let’s go back and fill in the details. Making its world premiere in The DJBooth, Owls is sparked by a beat from Austin White that contains one of the more addictive bass lines you’re going to hear. Over that slowly rolling instrumental the Chi-Town emcee lets haters and doubters alike know that they’re absolutely powerless to stop him: “Shorty in my whip singing Ass, Ass / so I pulled right over and put her ass against the dash.” Add in an equally stunting guest verse from Caleb James and you’ve got what could likely become hip-hop’s first owl-related anthem. While I can’t guarantee every hook will be this memorable, fans of Chuck’s music will want to keep an ear out for his upcoming album Charles, set to exclusively hit our pages on June 25.
Written by Nathan S. on 05/29/12
Chi-town rhymesayer Chuck L.i. has come together with The DJBooth to bring listeners his latest street release, Charles. The Windy City representative's first full-length project in nearly three years, the set features 14...
First DJ Booth Appearance:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Kanye Thinks Drake is #1 Right Now - Is He Right? (Rap Power Rankings)
- The Weeknd - King of the Fall
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Mick Jenkins, The Conscience #TopProspects
- Jeremih x Shlohmo - No More EP
- HD - BBQ Goldfish
- Drake’s New Album is Titled “Views From the 6”: Dope, Wack or Eh?
- Real Recognize Real: GoldLink on Loving Lil Bibby, Shaq & Robots
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (June 2014)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.