Featured early in January, Chuck L.i.‘s Booth debut earned surprisingly mixed reviews from readers: while many were impressed by the mic skills he showcased on 6ixty4our, others simply weren’t buying the whole “straight rhymes, no hook” thing. If you were among those who wanted to hear him craft a more fleshed-out record, then your wish is his command; making its world premiere right here in the Booth, EP title cut No Worries finds L.i. pairing his lyrical insights with catchy pop grooves and a memorable chorus. Stefan Ponce mans the boards, flipping a Peter Bjorn & John sample that loyal readers may recognize from Nikki Lynette‘s Nothing to Worry About as Chuck rhymes about his hopes, dreams, frustrations and insecurities: “It’s like God got his me doin’ all this waitin’ / Tryin’ to doctor my life, I ain’t got no patience…” Has this reflective joint made a fan out of you? If so, more freshness awaits on the artist’s Booth-sponsored EP of the same name, set to hit our mixtape page for free streaming and download sometime this spring.
Written by richard on 02/7/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.