Listeners beware: the moment you click “play” on Chuck L.i.‘s latest feature, the emcee will reach through your speakers/headphones into your ear canals and extract the very essence of your being, leaving you nothing more than a vacant husk of your former self. OK, I’m just kidding - I think I just wrote the treatment for a killer hip-hop themed horror film, though. In reality, I Need Your Soul is the exact opposite of the spooky image its title conjured up in my head: a smooth and upbeat joint dedicated to L.i.‘s present and future fans. Over Tapez’ silky vintage soul backdrop (anyone recognize the sample?), the Chi-town native drops bars packed with exuberant braggadocio and inventive trash talk, threatening to “Drop a deuce on the game,” and claiming that he’s “already top ten.” Complete with a cameo from Windy City-by-way of D.C. native Dave Coresh on the flowed hook, this joint will undoubtedly accomplish its intended goal of helping Chuck connect with listeners everywhere. This joint isn’t attached to any forthcoming project, but longtime followers and new converts alike can keep it locked for the latest from this talented up-and-comer!
Written by richard on 03/23/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.