Listeners beware: the moment you click “play” on Chuck L.i.‘s latest feature, the emcee will reach through your speakers/headphones into your ear canals and extract the very essence of your being, leaving you nothing more than a vacant husk of your former self. OK, I’m just kidding - I think I just wrote the treatment for a killer hip-hop themed horror film, though. In reality, I Need Your Soul is the exact opposite of the spooky image its title conjured up in my head: a smooth and upbeat joint dedicated to L.i.‘s present and future fans. Over Tapez’ silky vintage soul backdrop (anyone recognize the sample?), the Chi-town native drops bars packed with exuberant braggadocio and inventive trash talk, threatening to “Drop a deuce on the game,” and claiming that he’s “already top ten.” Complete with a cameo from Windy City-by-way of D.C. native Dave Coresh on the flowed hook, this joint will undoubtedly accomplish its intended goal of helping Chuck connect with listeners everywhere. This joint isn’t attached to any forthcoming project, but longtime followers and new converts alike can keep it locked for the latest from this talented up-and-comer!
Written by richard on 03/23/11
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- T.I. ft. Skylar Grey - New National Anthem
- Interview With a “White Rapper”: Rittz on Race, Respect & Hip-Hop
- Statik Selektah - What Goes Around
- Wiz Khalifa - Blacc Hollywood
- Top 20 Hip Hop / R&B Songs Chart (August 18, 2014)
- Kanye West is Right, the Media is the Fucking Worst
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.