Listeners beware: the moment you click “play” on Chuck L.i.‘s latest feature, the emcee will reach through your speakers/headphones into your ear canals and extract the very essence of your being, leaving you nothing more than a vacant husk of your former self. OK, I’m just kidding - I think I just wrote the treatment for a killer hip-hop themed horror film, though. In reality, I Need Your Soul is the exact opposite of the spooky image its title conjured up in my head: a smooth and upbeat joint dedicated to L.i.‘s present and future fans. Over Tapez’ silky vintage soul backdrop (anyone recognize the sample?), the Chi-town native drops bars packed with exuberant braggadocio and inventive trash talk, threatening to “Drop a deuce on the game,” and claiming that he’s “already top ten.” Complete with a cameo from Windy City-by-way of D.C. native Dave Coresh on the flowed hook, this joint will undoubtedly accomplish its intended goal of helping Chuck connect with listeners everywhere. This joint isn’t attached to any forthcoming project, but longtime followers and new converts alike can keep it locked for the latest from this talented up-and-comer!
Written by richard on 03/23/11
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)