Listeners beware: the moment you click “play” on Chuck L.i.‘s latest feature, the emcee will reach through your speakers/headphones into your ear canals and extract the very essence of your being, leaving you nothing more than a vacant husk of your former self. OK, I’m just kidding - I think I just wrote the treatment for a killer hip-hop themed horror film, though. In reality, I Need Your Soul is the exact opposite of the spooky image its title conjured up in my head: a smooth and upbeat joint dedicated to L.i.‘s present and future fans. Over Tapez’ silky vintage soul backdrop (anyone recognize the sample?), the Chi-town native drops bars packed with exuberant braggadocio and inventive trash talk, threatening to “Drop a deuce on the game,” and claiming that he’s “already top ten.” Complete with a cameo from Windy City-by-way of D.C. native Dave Coresh on the flowed hook, this joint will undoubtedly accomplish its intended goal of helping Chuck connect with listeners everywhere. This joint isn’t attached to any forthcoming project, but longtime followers and new converts alike can keep it locked for the latest from this talented up-and-comer!
Written by richard on 03/23/11
First DJ Booth Appearance:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Trizz - Reality Check
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- It’s Electric: An EDM Guide For the Hip-Hop Head
- Best/Worst Of The Week: Coolio Turns To Porn, Nicki’s Comical Booty & More
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Sean Brown - The Top
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.