Buzzed, tipsy, sloshed, trashed, wasted, blotto… with the sheer quantity of English words for degrees of intoxication, it can be hard to keep them straight – especially when you aren’t seeing straight. If you frequently find yourself struggling to select the perfect adjective, you’re in luck: on unreleased cut Level Up, Chitown emcee Chuck L.i. vastly simplifies the process with an ingenious numerical system. With Tapez’ club-ready synths and handclap percussion as his backdrop, the up-and-comer takes us through three levels of of inebriation in as many verses. Zero, of course, is absolute sobriety. Once you find yourself forgetting your own name, (“Can’t identify myself, I’m feelin’ kinda dumb.”), you can be certain you’re at level one. From there, it’s just a hop, skip and a jump till you’re at level two, which involves opening your wallet to buy drinks for the entire room. And you’ll know you’re at level three when… well, you won’t know, because you’ve lost consciousness. Simple, right? If you found this joint as entertaining and edifying as I did, keep it locked; Level Up is currently unattached to a forthcoming project, but you’ll be the first to know when that changes.
Written by richard on 04/27/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Kendrick Lamar - i
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/19)
- 2 Chainz ft. Young Thug - Dresser (Lil Boy)
- Jennifer Lopez ft. Iggy Azalea - Booty (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.