Buzzed, tipsy, sloshed, trashed, wasted, blotto… with the sheer quantity of English words for degrees of intoxication, it can be hard to keep them straight – especially when you aren’t seeing straight. If you frequently find yourself struggling to select the perfect adjective, you’re in luck: on unreleased cut Level Up, Chitown emcee Chuck L.i. vastly simplifies the process with an ingenious numerical system. With Tapez’ club-ready synths and handclap percussion as his backdrop, the up-and-comer takes us through three levels of of inebriation in as many verses. Zero, of course, is absolute sobriety. Once you find yourself forgetting your own name, (“Can’t identify myself, I’m feelin’ kinda dumb.”), you can be certain you’re at level one. From there, it’s just a hop, skip and a jump till you’re at level two, which involves opening your wallet to buy drinks for the entire room. And you’ll know you’re at level three when… well, you won’t know, because you’ve lost consciousness. Simple, right? If you found this joint as entertaining and edifying as I did, keep it locked; Level Up is currently unattached to a forthcoming project, but you’ll be the first to know when that changes.
Written by richard on 04/27/11
First DJ Booth Appearance:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- It’s Electric: An EDM Guide For the Hip-Hop Head
- Best/Worst Of The Week: Coolio Turns To Porn, Nicki’s Comical Booty & More
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Sean Brown - The Top
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.