You only get one chance to make a first impression, so why let even a second go to waste? Rather than wasting time on hooks, bridges or elaborate instrumental intros and outros, Chuck L.i. cuts straight to the chase on his first Booth feature, delivering 6ixty4our (That’s “Sixty-Four,” not “Six-ixty Four-our”) straight lines’ worth of hard-hitting lyricism. Making its world premiere right here in the Booth, this exclusive cut finds producer Stefan Ponce blending reverb-drenched percussion with hypnotic synth ambiance as the Windy City buzzmaker offers his thoughts on a wide variety of topics – from success (he wants more of it), to love (he loves it, but hates being in it), to music (it’s pretty much all he cares about). Through it all, he showcases formidable wit, strong values and a healthy dash of bravado. Think Chuck might be onto something when he spits “When you picture my future, you should think of crowns”? Keep it locked – while 6ixty isn’t attached to any forthcoming project, we’ll be sure to bring you all the latest from this talented up-and-comer.
Written by richard on 01/4/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"No Worries" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Jaden Smith - Cool Tape Vol. 2
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (11/17)
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “L.A. vs. Everybody”?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)