On Drops, single numero uno off Chuck Inglish‘s freshman solo set, we accompanied the erstwhile Cool Kid as he enjoyed a top-down cruise through his Chi-town environs. Follow-up Tangerine takes place in the same whip, rolling through the same streets, but nonetheless has a very different vibe. As well it should: this time around, Inglish is at work, rather than play. Over a percussion-driven beat with a subtly tense, anxious feel, the artist depicts himself delivering packs to his loyal customers, gat by his side in case things get dicey. Complete with guest bars by Booth newcomers Aston Matthews and Kashflow, this cut is merely one of many bangers to be found on Chuck Inglish’s Droptops LP, set to hit the ‘net next Thursday (5/23) via Karmaloop.
Written by richard on 05/16/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Get It ft. Chuck Inglish" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)