On Drops, single numero uno off Chuck Inglish‘s freshman solo set, we accompanied the erstwhile Cool Kid as he enjoyed a top-down cruise through his Chi-town environs. Follow-up Tangerine takes place in the same whip, rolling through the same streets, but nonetheless has a very different vibe. As well it should: this time around, Inglish is at work, rather than play. Over a percussion-driven beat with a subtly tense, anxious feel, the artist depicts himself delivering packs to his loyal customers, gat by his side in case things get dicey. Complete with guest bars by Booth newcomers Aston Matthews and Kashflow, this cut is merely one of many bangers to be found on Chuck Inglish’s Droptops LP, set to hit the ‘net next Thursday (5/23) via Karmaloop.
Written by richard on 05/16/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Get It ft. Chuck Inglish" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 1 Listen Album Review: Drake’s “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.