On Drops, single numero uno off Chuck Inglish‘s freshman solo set, we accompanied the erstwhile Cool Kid as he enjoyed a top-down cruise through his Chi-town environs. Follow-up Tangerine takes place in the same whip, rolling through the same streets, but nonetheless has a very different vibe. As well it should: this time around, Inglish is at work, rather than play. Over a percussion-driven beat with a subtly tense, anxious feel, the artist depicts himself delivering packs to his loyal customers, gat by his side in case things get dicey. Complete with guest bars by Booth newcomers Aston Matthews and Kashflow, this cut is merely one of many bangers to be found on Chuck Inglish’s Droptops LP, set to hit the ‘net next Thursday (5/23) via Karmaloop.
Written by richard on 05/16/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Get It ft. Chuck Inglish" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.