The Cool Kids may be no more, but Chuck Inglish and Sir Michael Rocks’ amiable split left the door open for future collaborations. On new single Swervin’, premiered yesterday via Noisey, Inglish invites his erstwhile partner-in-rhyme to hop in the passenger seat for a leisurely, mildly blunted drive through the city streets. The headliner’s own thumping kick, reverb-drenched rimshots and bell arpeggios back the emcees as they get their shine on. Chuck is currently putting the finishing touches on solo studio debut Convertibles, which he plans to release sometime this fall. In the meantime, pre-album EP Droptops is still available for free streaming and download in the Booth.
Written by richard on 07/31/13
Hip-hop heads in the Booth and beyond already know Chuck Inglish as one-half of renowned Midwestern duo The Cool Kids. Now, the rapper and producer takes his career to the next level with Convertibles, his first solo studio...
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Get It ft. Chuck Inglish" (2008)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- After Wiz Khalifa’s “Blacc Hollywood”, What Does a Number One Album Mean?
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)