The Cool Kids may be no more, but Chuck Inglish and Sir Michael Rocks’ amiable split left the door open for future collaborations. On new single Swervin’, premiered yesterday via Noisey, Inglish invites his erstwhile partner-in-rhyme to hop in the passenger seat for a leisurely, mildly blunted drive through the city streets. The headliner’s own thumping kick, reverb-drenched rimshots and bell arpeggios back the emcees as they get their shine on. Chuck is currently putting the finishing touches on solo studio debut Convertibles, which he plans to release sometime this fall. In the meantime, pre-album EP Droptops is still available for free streaming and download in the Booth.
Written by richard on 07/31/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Get It ft. Chuck Inglish" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.