Last heard trading verses with Lone Star State buzzmaker Travis$ Scott on March’s Back It Up (Remix), ex-Cool Kid Chuck Inglish returns to kick his solo career into high gear with the lead single (and partial title track) off his forthcoming studio debut. In regard to Drops’ creation, the Windy City rapper/producer stated, “I made it because Summertime is coming up and I needed something to play in the car with the windows down.” Well, he can consider his mission accomplished; this joint’s slow-rolling rhythm section, powerful bass and ominous synth riff are perfect for blasting at illegal volumes from your ride, and Inglish’s deadpan, braggadocious bars complement the beat’s street-ready vibe. So, Booth readers, is this going to be the soundtrack to your next afternoon drive? Those who answer in the affirmative should watch our pages for more fresh song releases leading up to the May 23, release of Chuck’s Droptops LP.
Written by richard on 05/2/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Get It ft. Chuck Inglish" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.