Last heard trading verses with Lone Star State buzzmaker Travis$ Scott on March’s Back It Up (Remix), ex-Cool Kid Chuck Inglish returns to kick his solo career into high gear with the lead single (and partial title track) off his forthcoming studio debut. In regard to Drops’ creation, the Windy City rapper/producer stated, “I made it because Summertime is coming up and I needed something to play in the car with the windows down.” Well, he can consider his mission accomplished; this joint’s slow-rolling rhythm section, powerful bass and ominous synth riff are perfect for blasting at illegal volumes from your ride, and Inglish’s deadpan, braggadocious bars complement the beat’s street-ready vibe. So, Booth readers, is this going to be the soundtrack to your next afternoon drive? Those who answer in the affirmative should watch our pages for more fresh song releases leading up to the May 23, release of Chuck’s Droptops LP.
Written by richard on 05/2/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Get It ft. Chuck Inglish" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- Best/Worst of the Week: Wale & Seinfeld, Kendrick on “SNL” & More
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.