Last heard trading verses with Lone Star State buzzmaker Travis$ Scott on March’s Back It Up (Remix), ex-Cool Kid Chuck Inglish returns to kick his solo career into high gear with the lead single (and partial title track) off his forthcoming studio debut. In regard to Drops’ creation, the Windy City rapper/producer stated, “I made it because Summertime is coming up and I needed something to play in the car with the windows down.” Well, he can consider his mission accomplished; this joint’s slow-rolling rhythm section, powerful bass and ominous synth riff are perfect for blasting at illegal volumes from your ride, and Inglish’s deadpan, braggadocious bars complement the beat’s street-ready vibe. So, Booth readers, is this going to be the soundtrack to your next afternoon drive? Those who answer in the affirmative should watch our pages for more fresh song releases leading up to the May 23, release of Chuck’s Droptops LP.
Written by richard on 05/2/13
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Get It ft. Chuck Inglish" (2008)
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Chris Brown ft. Trey Songz - Songs on 12 Play
- Dyme-A-Duzin - Hip Hope
- “I’m Real”: Five Questions With Raury
- Mick Jenkins - DJBooth RapBox Freestyle
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.