Last heard trading verses with Lone Star State buzzmaker Travis$ Scott on March’s Back It Up (Remix), ex-Cool Kid Chuck Inglish returns to kick his solo career into high gear with the lead single (and partial title track) off his forthcoming studio debut. In regard to Drops’ creation, the Windy City rapper/producer stated, “I made it because Summertime is coming up and I needed something to play in the car with the windows down.” Well, he can consider his mission accomplished; this joint’s slow-rolling rhythm section, powerful bass and ominous synth riff are perfect for blasting at illegal volumes from your ride, and Inglish’s deadpan, braggadocious bars complement the beat’s street-ready vibe. So, Booth readers, is this going to be the soundtrack to your next afternoon drive? Those who answer in the affirmative should watch our pages for more fresh song releases leading up to the May 23, release of Chuck’s Droptops LP.
Written by richard on 05/2/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Get It ft. Chuck Inglish" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- 1 Listen Album Review: Lupe Fiasco’s “Tetsuo & Youth” (Lupe Back)
- Inside the Conspiracy Theory World of Childish Gambino’s Music Videos
- KIDD - Whipped Cream
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.