This June, underground emcee Wordsmith and industry vet Chubb Rock plan to drop a collaborative album called Bridging the Gap; in the meantime, the duo are looking to heighten listener anticipation by releasing promo records that will not be available on the album proper, but will be collected on a forthcoming mixtape called A Crack in the Bridge. The “gap” the twosome are looking to bridge is, of course, the metaphorical chasm that separates old and new-school hip-hop, and the newly-released Back In will give listeners a good idea of how they plan to accomplish this feat—while Strada‘s relaxed boardwork and Kimia Collins’ soulful hook give the cut a nostalgic vibe, the two emcees bring distinct brands of lyrical freshness to the table, Chubb channeling his commanding rasp into compellingly freeform rhymes, and Word showcasing his skills as a storyteller. If the duo’s unique blend of old and new has your interest piqued, watch for more promo cuts in the near future.
Written by richard on 02/26/09
Submit your Rating
Nu Revolution Ent. LLC.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Judged in Da Cipha ft. RhymeZwell & Black Knight" (2008)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)