For an artist, the release of a new song is really like sending out a Press Release. For example, to help build steam for a new, summer collabo EP (with crewmate Matty Da Kid), Christopher Lakes has handed us his latest record as a DJBooth premiere. Blending an atmospheric, synth doused foundation with some thunderous drums, producer Alex Isaak creates a stormy, intoxicating backdrop. The lightning on this treacherous track is Lakes’ crisp, vehement flow that presents his determined, introspective bars perfectly. It might be hard to believe since he sounds so sure-footed, but this is only Lakes’ second Booth appearance; his first came in January with God’s Grace.
Written by Lucas G. on 03/7/14
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.