For an artist, the release of a new song is really like sending out a Press Release. For example, to help build steam for a new, summer collabo EP (with crewmate Matty Da Kid), Christopher Lakes has handed us his latest record as a DJBooth premiere. Blending an atmospheric, synth doused foundation with some thunderous drums, producer Alex Isaak creates a stormy, intoxicating backdrop. The lightning on this treacherous track is Lakes’ crisp, vehement flow that presents his determined, introspective bars perfectly. It might be hard to believe since he sounds so sure-footed, but this is only Lakes’ second Booth appearance; his first came in January with God’s Grace.
Written by Lucas G. on 03/7/14
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Best/Worst Of The Week: Coolio Turns To Porn, Nicki’s Comical Booty & More
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Sean Brown - The Top
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Kanye Thinks Drake is #1 Right Now - Is He Right? (Rap Power Rankings)
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (June 2014)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.