For an artist, the release of a new song is really like sending out a Press Release. For example, to help build steam for a new, summer collabo EP (with crewmate Matty Da Kid), Christopher Lakes has handed us his latest record as a DJBooth premiere. Blending an atmospheric, synth doused foundation with some thunderous drums, producer Alex Isaak creates a stormy, intoxicating backdrop. The lightning on this treacherous track is Lakes’ crisp, vehement flow that presents his determined, introspective bars perfectly. It might be hard to believe since he sounds so sure-footed, but this is only Lakes’ second Booth appearance; his first came in January with God’s Grace.
Written by Lucas G. on 03/7/14
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Reggie Bonds - Stream of Consciousness Pt. 1
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.