For an artist, the release of a new song is really like sending out a Press Release. For example, to help build steam for a new, summer collabo EP (with crewmate Matty Da Kid), Christopher Lakes has handed us his latest record as a DJBooth premiere. Blending an atmospheric, synth doused foundation with some thunderous drums, producer Alex Isaak creates a stormy, intoxicating backdrop. The lightning on this treacherous track is Lakes’ crisp, vehement flow that presents his determined, introspective bars perfectly. It might be hard to believe since he sounds so sure-footed, but this is only Lakes’ second Booth appearance; his first came in January with God’s Grace.
Written by Lucas G. on 03/7/14
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- Freddie Gibbs x Madlib ft. Action Bronson, Joey BadA$$ & Ransom - Knicks (Remix)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- Lorenzo Asher, The Director #TopProspects
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.