For an artist, the release of a new song is really like sending out a Press Release. For example, to help build steam for a new, summer collabo EP (with crewmate Matty Da Kid), Christopher Lakes has handed us his latest record as a DJBooth premiere. Blending an atmospheric, synth doused foundation with some thunderous drums, producer Alex Isaak creates a stormy, intoxicating backdrop. The lightning on this treacherous track is Lakes’ crisp, vehement flow that presents his determined, introspective bars perfectly. It might be hard to believe since he sounds so sure-footed, but this is only Lakes’ second Booth appearance; his first came in January with God’s Grace.
Written by Lucas G. on 03/7/14
Member Reviews and Ratings
- After Wiz Khalifa’s “Blacc Hollywood”, What Does a Number One Album Mean?
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)