No need to fix your hair and put on your Sunday best; despite what the title might suggest, Christopher Lakes‘s Booth debut isn’t the type of ish you’d hear at church. In reality, new promo single God’s Grace (making its world premiere on our front page) is much more concerned with the profane than the sacred. ADOTHEGOD‘s beat, featuring ambient synths and percussion soaked in cavernous reverb, accompanies the Richmond, Virginia native as he pays lustful tribute to a down chick in his life. In addition to delivering slow-flowed verses, the “#Darkwave” trailblazer showcases his sung vocals on the record’s Autotuned hook. Interest piqued? Then stay tuned; this joint isn’t slated to appear on any larger set, but we’ll keep you up to date on Christopher Lakes’s plans as further details emerge.
Written by richard on 01/6/14
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Ludacris ft. Miguel - Good Lovin’
- Lupe Fiasco ft. PJ - Mazinger
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (October 2014)
- Lil Wayne ft. The LOX - Gotti
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (10/27)
- Drake - 6 God EP
- Run the Jewels - RTJ2
- T.I. - Paperwork: The Motion Picture
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.