No need to fix your hair and put on your Sunday best; despite what the title might suggest, Christopher Lakes‘s Booth debut isn’t the type of ish you’d hear at church. In reality, new promo single God’s Grace (making its world premiere on our front page) is much more concerned with the profane than the sacred. ADOTHEGOD‘s beat, featuring ambient synths and percussion soaked in cavernous reverb, accompanies the Richmond, Virginia native as he pays lustful tribute to a down chick in his life. In addition to delivering slow-flowed verses, the “#Darkwave” trailblazer showcases his sung vocals on the record’s Autotuned hook. Interest piqued? Then stay tuned; this joint isn’t slated to appear on any larger set, but we’ll keep you up to date on Christopher Lakes’s plans as further details emerge.
Written by richard on 01/6/14
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Interview With a “White Rapper”: Rittz on Race, Respect & Hip-Hop
- Statik Selektah - What Goes Around
- Wiz Khalifa - Blacc Hollywood
- Top 20 Hip Hop / R&B Songs Chart (August 18, 2014)
- Lupe Fiasco Puts Ratchet Appeal With a Concept “Next To It”
- Kanye West is Right, the Media is the Fucking Worst
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.