No need to fix your hair and put on your Sunday best; despite what the title might suggest, Christopher Lakes‘s Booth debut isn’t the type of ish you’d hear at church. In reality, new promo single God’s Grace (making its world premiere on our front page) is much more concerned with the profane than the sacred. ADOTHEGOD‘s beat, featuring ambient synths and percussion soaked in cavernous reverb, accompanies the Richmond, Virginia native as he pays lustful tribute to a down chick in his life. In addition to delivering slow-flowed verses, the “#Darkwave” trailblazer showcases his sung vocals on the record’s Autotuned hook. Interest piqued? Then stay tuned; this joint isn’t slated to appear on any larger set, but we’ll keep you up to date on Christopher Lakes’s plans as further details emerge.
Written by richard on 01/6/14
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- 1 Listen Album Review: Lupe Fiasco’s “Tetsuo & Youth” (Lupe Back)
- Inside the Conspiracy Theory World of Childish Gambino’s Music Videos
- KIDD - Whipped Cream
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.