No need to fix your hair and put on your Sunday best; despite what the title might suggest, Christopher Lakes‘s Booth debut isn’t the type of ish you’d hear at church. In reality, new promo single God’s Grace (making its world premiere on our front page) is much more concerned with the profane than the sacred. ADOTHEGOD‘s beat, featuring ambient synths and percussion soaked in cavernous reverb, accompanies the Richmond, Virginia native as he pays lustful tribute to a down chick in his life. In addition to delivering slow-flowed verses, the “#Darkwave” trailblazer showcases his sung vocals on the record’s Autotuned hook. Interest piqued? Then stay tuned; this joint isn’t slated to appear on any larger set, but we’ll keep you up to date on Christopher Lakes’s plans as further details emerge.
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Smoke Weed Everyday: A 30 Song 4/20 Playlist
- FL (of The Foodchain) - Young Amsterdam
- Future - Honest LP
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Drama x Don Cannon x Trendsetter Sense - The Boondocks Mixtape (Season 4)
- Mick Jenkins - Steam
- Dizzy Wright - State of Mind EP
- Locksmith - A Thousand Cuts
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.