This is only Christon Gray‘s first feature on our pages, but the indie-R&B buzzmaker is already thinking of packing his things, jumping in his car and Vanishing over the horizon. I’m sincerely hoping he doesn’t go through with it, since that would mean we’d be deprived of quality tunes like this cut, a standout off the Columbus, Ohio native’s recently-released debut album. Wit‘s crisp drums, reverberant keyboard chords and striking sampled accents accompany Gray as he ponders whether to cut his losses and hit the road, stay with the woman he loves, or combine the two options and run away with the girl in question. Booth newcomer Swoope, a fellow Buckeye State representative, spits about the intricacies of his own current relationship in a poetic closing 16. Interest piqued? You can hear more from Christon Gray on School of Roses, released last Tuesday via Collision Records.
Written by richard on 04/1/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Long Way Down" (2013)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- Best/Worst of the Week: Wale & Seinfeld, Kendrick on “SNL” & More
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)