I love my wife, but I don’t think it’d be a good idea for us to work together professionally (unless I wanted to start spending a lot of nights on the couch). Well, apparently multi-Best of the Booth Award winner The-Dream has no problem mixing business and pleasure when it comes to working with his wife, the always lovely Christina Milian, and the proof comes in the form of previously-leaked Welcome to Vegas. In typical The-Dream and Tricky Stewart production style Vegas is a heavily electronic, hypnotically repetitive track, though Milian’s presence has obviously energized the pair – this is about as up-tempo as they get. For her part Milian glides over the track with vocals that aren’t exactly dynamically impressive, but don’t need to be. Seductive smoothness is what’s needed on a track like this, and Milian delivers. Milian and Dream are further collaborating on a baby, the impending birth of which has pushed back her album Elope indefinitely. Stay tuned for all the latest updates.
Written by Nathan S. on 01/11/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Rain (Remix) ft. Christina Milian & Bossman" (2008)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.