I love my wife, but I don’t think it’d be a good idea for us to work together professionally (unless I wanted to start spending a lot of nights on the couch). Well, apparently multi-Best of the Booth Award winner The-Dream has no problem mixing business and pleasure when it comes to working with his wife, the always lovely Christina Milian, and the proof comes in the form of previously-leaked Welcome to Vegas. In typical The-Dream and Tricky Stewart production style Vegas is a heavily electronic, hypnotically repetitive track, though Milian’s presence has obviously energized the pair – this is about as up-tempo as they get. For her part Milian glides over the track with vocals that aren’t exactly dynamically impressive, but don’t need to be. Seductive smoothness is what’s needed on a track like this, and Milian delivers. Milian and Dream are further collaborating on a baby, the impending birth of which has pushed back her album Elope indefinitely. Stay tuned for all the latest updates.
Written by Nathan S. on 01/11/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Rain (Remix) ft. Christina Milian & Bossman" (2008)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (1/23)
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- Saba, The Native Son #TopProspects
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.