You’re going to have to forgive me if I’m a little biased here, but after having the pleasure of meeting Christina Milian in person, I’m still having trouble thinking straight. It’s been almost three years since the intoxicating Milian last released an album, but after inking a deal with Interscope and marrying radio killer The-Dream she’s once again ready to set the industry on fire with Beat on My Drum. A thoroughly pop track produced by Madd Scientist that appropriately relies on a marching band drum line to propel the track forward with kinetic energy, Beat on My Drum is exactly the kind of purely enjoyable cut Milian does best. (A few years ago and it would have undoubtedly been on the DrumLine soundtrack. Sorry, had to make at least one Nick Cannon reference.) Beat on My Drum is off her upcoming album Elope, which currently has no set release date.
Written by Nathan S. on 09/29/09
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Rain (Remix) ft. Christina Milian & Bossman" (2008)
Total DJ Booth Features:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- After Wiz Khalifa’s “Blacc Hollywood”, What Does a Number One Album Mean?
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)