You’re going to have to forgive me if I’m a little biased here, but after having the pleasure of meeting Christina Milian in person, I’m still having trouble thinking straight. It’s been almost three years since the intoxicating Milian last released an album, but after inking a deal with Interscope and marrying radio killer The-Dream she’s once again ready to set the industry on fire with Beat on My Drum. A thoroughly pop track produced by Madd Scientist that appropriately relies on a marching band drum line to propel the track forward with kinetic energy, Beat on My Drum is exactly the kind of purely enjoyable cut Milian does best. (A few years ago and it would have undoubtedly been on the DrumLine soundtrack. Sorry, had to make at least one Nick Cannon reference.) Beat on My Drum is off her upcoming album Elope, which currently has no set release date.
Written by Nathan S. on 09/29/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Rain (Remix) ft. Christina Milian & Bossman" (2008)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.