You’re going to have to forgive me if I’m a little biased here, but after having the pleasure of meeting Christina Milian in person, I’m still having trouble thinking straight. It’s been almost three years since the intoxicating Milian last released an album, but after inking a deal with Interscope and marrying radio killer The-Dream she’s once again ready to set the industry on fire with Beat on My Drum. A thoroughly pop track produced by Madd Scientist that appropriately relies on a marching band drum line to propel the track forward with kinetic energy, Beat on My Drum is exactly the kind of purely enjoyable cut Milian does best. (A few years ago and it would have undoubtedly been on the DrumLine soundtrack. Sorry, had to make at least one Nick Cannon reference.) Beat on My Drum is off her upcoming album Elope, which currently has no set release date.
Written by Nathan S. on 09/29/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Rain (Remix) ft. Christina Milian & Bossman" (2008)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.