I know it’s almost the weekend, so your mind is on Saturday and Sunday, but do me a favor and keep Thurzdey in your thoughts as well. It’s not as if you’ll be able to forget Christian’Dee’s latest cut, anyway. It has been a good “minute” since we have heard from the Shreveport, LA.. native; his last Booth feature was fall 2012’s fittingly-titled SHVPXRT album—but he’s back with a bang. Thurzdey is a very powerful cut, thanks in large part to Canis Major‘s haunting string production and ‘Dee’s unique vocal approach. The artist’s erratic cadence evokes a edgy, ominous vibe, but his cascading delivery is still quite smooth. Dee is working on a new project, titled Subtle Weekends, but the set isn’t slated for release until 2014.
Written by Lucas G. on 09/6/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.