I know it’s almost the weekend, so your mind is on Saturday and Sunday, but do me a favor and keep Thurzdey in your thoughts as well. It’s not as if you’ll be able to forget Christian’Dee’s latest cut, anyway. It has been a good “minute” since we have heard from the Shreveport, LA.. native; his last Booth feature was fall 2012’s fittingly-titled SHVPXRT album—but he’s back with a bang. Thurzdey is a very powerful cut, thanks in large part to Canis Major‘s haunting string production and ‘Dee’s unique vocal approach. The artist’s erratic cadence evokes a edgy, ominous vibe, but his cascading delivery is still quite smooth. Dee is working on a new project, titled Subtle Weekends, but the set isn’t slated for release until 2014.
Written by Lucas G. on 09/6/13
First DJ Booth Appearance:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Kanye Thinks Drake is #1 Right Now - Is He Right? (Rap Power Rankings)
- The Weeknd - King of the Fall
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Mick Jenkins, The Conscience #TopProspects
- Jeremih x Shlohmo - No More EP
- Real Recognize Real: GoldLink on Loving Lil Bibby, Shaq & Robots
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (June 2014)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.