I know it’s almost the weekend, so your mind is on Saturday and Sunday, but do me a favor and keep Thurzdey in your thoughts as well. It’s not as if you’ll be able to forget Christian’Dee’s latest cut, anyway. It has been a good “minute” since we have heard from the Shreveport, LA.. native; his last Booth feature was fall 2012’s fittingly-titled SHVPXRT album—but he’s back with a bang. Thurzdey is a very powerful cut, thanks in large part to Canis Major‘s haunting string production and ‘Dee’s unique vocal approach. The artist’s erratic cadence evokes a edgy, ominous vibe, but his cascading delivery is still quite smooth. Dee is working on a new project, titled Subtle Weekends, but the set isn’t slated for release until 2014.
Written by Lucas G. on 09/6/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.