Whether we’re talking skin color, sex or economic class, often-superficial differences between individuals carry expectations that are far from insignificant. For those who fall into one or more underprivileged categories, it’s hard to say which is more dangerous: playing along with society’s wishes, or opting out. The latest mixtape single from Christian’Dee, Society’s Lullaby finds the Shreveport, L.A. rapper/producer illustrating the Catch-22s produced by cultural mores through the stories of three individuals: a woman who doesn’t fit the popular feminine ideal, an ex-con deprived of a job and a family, and a sex worker whose job makes her a target. Fans can find this thought-provoking jam, as well as previously-featured video single Nxnchalxnt and much more on SHVPXRT, scheduled for free digital release October 29.
Written by richard on 08/21/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Omar LinX - Forgive Me
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.