Whether we’re talking skin color, sex or economic class, often-superficial differences between individuals carry expectations that are far from insignificant. For those who fall into one or more underprivileged categories, it’s hard to say which is more dangerous: playing along with society’s wishes, or opting out. The latest mixtape single from Christian’Dee, Society’s Lullaby finds the Shreveport, L.A. rapper/producer illustrating the Catch-22s produced by cultural mores through the stories of three individuals: a woman who doesn’t fit the popular feminine ideal, an ex-con deprived of a job and a family, and a sex worker whose job makes her a target. Fans can find this thought-provoking jam, as well as previously-featured video single Nxnchalxnt and much more on SHVPXRT, scheduled for free digital release October 29.
Written by richard on 08/21/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- Young Thug ft. Lil Wayne - Take Kare
- Jay Rock - Parental Advisory
- Run the Jewels ft. Zack De La Rocha - Close Your Eyes (And Count to F*ck)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.