Whether we’re talking skin color, sex or economic class, often-superficial differences between individuals carry expectations that are far from insignificant. For those who fall into one or more underprivileged categories, it’s hard to say which is more dangerous: playing along with society’s wishes, or opting out. The latest mixtape single from Christian’Dee, Society’s Lullaby finds the Shreveport, L.A. rapper/producer illustrating the Catch-22s produced by cultural mores through the stories of three individuals: a woman who doesn’t fit the popular feminine ideal, an ex-con deprived of a job and a family, and a sex worker whose job makes her a target. Fans can find this thought-provoking jam, as well as previously-featured video single Nxnchalxnt and much more on SHVPXRT, scheduled for free digital release October 29.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of February 2014
- Pharrell - G I R L
- Rick Ross - Mastermind
- ScHoolboy Q - Oxymoron
- A 15 Song Tour Through Pharrell’s Career
- SchoolBoy Q ft. 2 Chainz - What They Want
- Future ft. Pharrell, Pusha T & Casino - Move That Dope
- Nyzzy Nyce - Nothing Nyce
- Devin Miles - Where the DJs At?
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!