Whether we’re talking skin color, sex or economic class, often-superficial differences between individuals carry expectations that are far from insignificant. For those who fall into one or more underprivileged categories, it’s hard to say which is more dangerous: playing along with society’s wishes, or opting out. The latest mixtape single from Christian’Dee, Society’s Lullaby finds the Shreveport, L.A. rapper/producer illustrating the Catch-22s produced by cultural mores through the stories of three individuals: a woman who doesn’t fit the popular feminine ideal, an ex-con deprived of a job and a family, and a sex worker whose job makes her a target. Fans can find this thought-provoking jam, as well as previously-featured video single Nxnchalxnt and much more on SHVPXRT, scheduled for free digital release October 29.
Written by richard on 08/21/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Shady XV: Eminem is Dropping a New Album & I Don’t Care
- S1 Confirms Kanye West Working on New Album, Songs Are “Feel Good” #A3CProAudio
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (10/20)
- PRhyme (Royce Da 5’9” & DJ Premier) - U Looz
- Lil Dicky ft. Michael Christmas & Rockie Fresh - Would You Believe That
- DeJ Loaf - Sell Sole
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.