And I thought I was the only one morbidly fascinated by The 700 Club! Today, we meet a Detroit repping Booth newcomer who digs Pat Robertson and his tele-fundamentalist ilk so much that he goes by the name “Christian TV.” Or maybe it’s because Christian is his actual name, and my explanation is totally made-up—you be the judge. In any case, the Universal Motown signee is more Justin Timberlake than Oral Roberts, judging by album leak The Girl I Used to Know. Here, the headliner does double-duty on the mic and behind the boards, crafting a haunting arpeggiated-synth beat to back him as he cryptically warns fellas about a female whose alluring exterior hides deep, dark secrets. Fellow Motown native Boldy James echoes Christian’s sentiments on the guest tip, affirming his allegiance to the streets (aka, “Concrete Connie”) over any other woman. Sure to be a hit with femmes fatales and the men who (tragically) love them, this moody banger is just one of many to be found on Diary of an 80s Baby. The album is currently unscheduled but, in the meantime, fans can cop official lead single I’m in Love at all major online retailers.
Written by richard on 07/10/11
Submit your Rating
White Room Records
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)