And I thought I was the only one morbidly fascinated by The 700 Club! Today, we meet a Detroit repping Booth newcomer who digs Pat Robertson and his tele-fundamentalist ilk so much that he goes by the name “Christian TV.” Or maybe it’s because Christian is his actual name, and my explanation is totally made-up—you be the judge. In any case, the Universal Motown signee is more Justin Timberlake than Oral Roberts, judging by album leak The Girl I Used to Know. Here, the headliner does double-duty on the mic and behind the boards, crafting a haunting arpeggiated-synth beat to back him as he cryptically warns fellas about a female whose alluring exterior hides deep, dark secrets. Fellow Motown native Boldy James echoes Christian’s sentiments on the guest tip, affirming his allegiance to the streets (aka, “Concrete Connie”) over any other woman. Sure to be a hit with femmes fatales and the men who (tragically) love them, this moody banger is just one of many to be found on Diary of an 80s Baby. The album is currently unscheduled but, in the meantime, fans can cop official lead single I’m in Love at all major online retailers.
Written by richard on 07/10/11
Submit your Rating
White Room Records
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.