And I thought I was the only one morbidly fascinated by The 700 Club! Today, we meet a Detroit repping Booth newcomer who digs Pat Robertson and his tele-fundamentalist ilk so much that he goes by the name “Christian TV.” Or maybe it’s because Christian is his actual name, and my explanation is totally made-up—you be the judge. In any case, the Universal Motown signee is more Justin Timberlake than Oral Roberts, judging by album leak The Girl I Used to Know. Here, the headliner does double-duty on the mic and behind the boards, crafting a haunting arpeggiated-synth beat to back him as he cryptically warns fellas about a female whose alluring exterior hides deep, dark secrets. Fellow Motown native Boldy James echoes Christian’s sentiments on the guest tip, affirming his allegiance to the streets (aka, “Concrete Connie”) over any other woman. Sure to be a hit with femmes fatales and the men who (tragically) love them, this moody banger is just one of many to be found on Diary of an 80s Baby. The album is currently unscheduled but, in the meantime, fans can cop official lead single I’m in Love at all major online retailers.
Written by richard on 07/10/11
Submit your Rating
White Room Records
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/19)
- 2 Chainz ft. Young Thug - Dresser (Lil Boy)
- Jennifer Lopez ft. Iggy Azalea - Booty (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.