Recently, L.A.-based twosome Christian Rich has been making big moves in the production arena; in addition to contributing beats to the latest albums from Drake, Earl Sweatshirt and J. Cole, the duo’s got credits on forthcoming sets from Childish Gambino and Chris Brown. Understandably, their solo hustle has taken a backseat to these exciting collabs. Fresh off the launch of their Good Luck Chuck imprint under Sony/Red, Taiwo and Kehinde Hassan finally step back into the spotlight with promo single In Between, their first headlining feature since the October 2012 release of their Gold Gold Gold EP. Here, the duo forego the afrorementoined set’s trap/dubstep-infused soundscapes in favor of a fractured electro-funk groove. Their woozy synth chords and syrupy-slow rhythm section back chopped vocal samples from Cassie‘s 2006 debut single, Me & U. In Between is unattached to any larger project but, as always, fans can keep their browsers locked for the latest news and tunes.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Famous Girl (U.S. Single Version)" (2009)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Drama x Don Cannon x Trendsetter Sense - The Boondocks Mixtape (Season 4)
- Mick Jenkins - Steam
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Chart (April 14, 2014)
- Future - Honest LP
- Nas - Illmatic XX
- Dizzy Wright - State of Mind EP
- Locksmith - A Thousand Cuts
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.