Recently, L.A.-based twosome Christian Rich has been making big moves in the production arena; in addition to contributing beats to the latest albums from Drake, Earl Sweatshirt and J. Cole, the duo’s got credits on forthcoming sets from Childish Gambino and Chris Brown. Understandably, their solo hustle has taken a backseat to these exciting collabs. Fresh off the launch of their Good Luck Chuck imprint under Sony/Red, Taiwo and Kehinde Hassan finally step back into the spotlight with promo single In Between, their first headlining feature since the October 2012 release of their Gold Gold Gold EP. Here, the duo forego the afrorementoined set’s trap/dubstep-infused soundscapes in favor of a fractured electro-funk groove. Their woozy synth chords and syrupy-slow rhythm section back chopped vocal samples from Cassie‘s 2006 debut single, Me & U. In Between is unattached to any larger project but, as always, fans can keep their browsers locked for the latest news and tunes.
Written by richard on 10/21/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Famous Girl (U.S. Single Version)" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Kendrick Lamar - i
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/19)
- 2 Chainz ft. Young Thug - Dresser (Lil Boy)
- Jennifer Lopez ft. Iggy Azalea - Booty (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.