Recently, L.A.-based twosome Christian Rich has been making big moves in the production arena; in addition to contributing beats to the latest albums from Drake, Earl Sweatshirt and J. Cole, the duo’s got credits on forthcoming sets from Childish Gambino and Chris Brown. Understandably, their solo hustle has taken a backseat to these exciting collabs. Fresh off the launch of their Good Luck Chuck imprint under Sony/Red, Taiwo and Kehinde Hassan finally step back into the spotlight with promo single In Between, their first headlining feature since the October 2012 release of their Gold Gold Gold EP. Here, the duo forego the afrorementoined set’s trap/dubstep-infused soundscapes in favor of a fractured electro-funk groove. Their woozy synth chords and syrupy-slow rhythm section back chopped vocal samples from Cassie‘s 2006 debut single, Me & U. In Between is unattached to any larger project but, as always, fans can keep their browsers locked for the latest news and tunes.
Written by richard on 10/21/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Famous Girl (U.S. Single Version)" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.