Alas, things must not have worked out with that Famous Girl; the latest mixtape single from deceptively-named duo Christian Rich finds Kehinde and Taiwo Hassan back on the prowl, this time saying “Hello Virgin” to a less experienced, but equally enchanting shawty. While this record’s electro-informed style will be familiar to those who tuned in for the multitalented twosome’s Booth debut, the overall feel is considerably more unique; the pounding rhythm and spacey instrumental breakdowns, along with the brothers’ sing-song game-spitting, make for a hypnotically repetitive, yet catchy listen. If Christian Rich have succeeded in seducing you with their distinctive brand of electro-pop, you’ll find plenty more to like on their new, Clinton Sparks/Mick Boogie-presented street album The Decadence, due out May 31. Also, fans of the avant-garde won’t want to miss the record’s downright bizarre official video (if the sight of blood makes you queasy, though, watch at your own risk).
Written by richard on 05/10/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Famous Girl (U.S. Single Version)" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Reggie Bonds - Stream of Consciousness Pt. 1
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.