Alas, things must not have worked out with that Famous Girl; the latest mixtape single from deceptively-named duo Christian Rich finds Kehinde and Taiwo Hassan back on the prowl, this time saying “Hello Virgin” to a less experienced, but equally enchanting shawty. While this record’s electro-informed style will be familiar to those who tuned in for the multitalented twosome’s Booth debut, the overall feel is considerably more unique; the pounding rhythm and spacey instrumental breakdowns, along with the brothers’ sing-song game-spitting, make for a hypnotically repetitive, yet catchy listen. If Christian Rich have succeeded in seducing you with their distinctive brand of electro-pop, you’ll find plenty more to like on their new, Clinton Sparks/Mick Boogie-presented street album The Decadence, due out May 31. Also, fans of the avant-garde won’t want to miss the record’s downright bizarre official video (if the sight of blood makes you queasy, though, watch at your own risk).
Written by richard on 05/10/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Famous Girl (U.S. Single Version)" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.