Alas, things must not have worked out with that Famous Girl; the latest mixtape single from deceptively-named duo Christian Rich finds Kehinde and Taiwo Hassan back on the prowl, this time saying “Hello Virgin” to a less experienced, but equally enchanting shawty. While this record’s electro-informed style will be familiar to those who tuned in for the multitalented twosome’s Booth debut, the overall feel is considerably more unique; the pounding rhythm and spacey instrumental breakdowns, along with the brothers’ sing-song game-spitting, make for a hypnotically repetitive, yet catchy listen. If Christian Rich have succeeded in seducing you with their distinctive brand of electro-pop, you’ll find plenty more to like on their new, Clinton Sparks/Mick Boogie-presented street album The Decadence, due out May 31. Also, fans of the avant-garde won’t want to miss the record’s downright bizarre official video (if the sight of blood makes you queasy, though, watch at your own risk).
Written by richard on 05/10/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Famous Girl (U.S. Single Version)" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.