Move over, Chester French and Logan De Gaulle, there’s a new confusingly-named duo in town! Chi-town’s Christian Rich, who readers may remember from their boardwork on Theo‘s recently-featured Cloud 9, are not, as you might (and I did) initially assume, one person, but a group made up of twin brothers Kehinde “Rich” Hassan and Taiwo “Christian” Hassan. With that cleared up, we’re proud to present their new single. Released online this past May, Famous Girl has been revamped for inclusion on the duo’s forthcoming debut album. Over their own club-ready instrumental, driven by stop-start synths and a swung percussion rhythm, the twosome woo a big-name female with some of most entertainingly bizarre come-ons I’ve heard since, well, Rick Ross tried to entice ladies back to his Neverland Ranch in another of today’s featured tracks. Though I’m not sure how well “I need you like a cigarette” (or “Uranus” puns, for that matter) would work in a game-time situation, there’s no question that this catchy cut will be burning up dancefloors nationwide. Fans with a taste for electro-tinged club bangers are sure to find more to their liking on Christian Rich’s The Decadence LP, due out in September.
Written by richard on 07/8/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"That Girl" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- 5 More Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (September 2014)
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/26)
- Kings Dead - Don’t Need Much
- Nova Rockafeller ft. Michael Christmas - Problem
- Stalley ft. Rick Ross - Everything A Dope Boy Ever Wanted
- Saigon - GSNT3: The Troubled Times of Brian Carenard
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.