Move over, Chester French and Logan De Gaulle, there’s a new confusingly-named duo in town! Chi-town’s Christian Rich, who readers may remember from their boardwork on Theo‘s recently-featured Cloud 9, are not, as you might (and I did) initially assume, one person, but a group made up of twin brothers Kehinde “Rich” Hassan and Taiwo “Christian” Hassan. With that cleared up, we’re proud to present their new single. Released online this past May, Famous Girl has been revamped for inclusion on the duo’s forthcoming debut album. Over their own club-ready instrumental, driven by stop-start synths and a swung percussion rhythm, the twosome woo a big-name female with some of most entertainingly bizarre come-ons I’ve heard since, well, Rick Ross tried to entice ladies back to his Neverland Ranch in another of today’s featured tracks. Though I’m not sure how well “I need you like a cigarette” (or “Uranus” puns, for that matter) would work in a game-time situation, there’s no question that this catchy cut will be burning up dancefloors nationwide. Fans with a taste for electro-tinged club bangers are sure to find more to their liking on Christian Rich’s The Decadence LP, due out in September.
Written by richard on 07/8/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"That Girl" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- 1 Listen Album Review: Lupe Fiasco’s “Tetsuo & Youth” (Lupe Back)
- Inside the Conspiracy Theory World of Childish Gambino’s Music Videos
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.