Move over, Chester French and Logan De Gaulle, there’s a new confusingly-named duo in town! Chi-town’s Christian Rich, who readers may remember from their boardwork on Theo‘s recently-featured Cloud 9, are not, as you might (and I did) initially assume, one person, but a group made up of twin brothers Kehinde “Rich” Hassan and Taiwo “Christian” Hassan. With that cleared up, we’re proud to present their new single. Released online this past May, Famous Girl has been revamped for inclusion on the duo’s forthcoming debut album. Over their own club-ready instrumental, driven by stop-start synths and a swung percussion rhythm, the twosome woo a big-name female with some of most entertainingly bizarre come-ons I’ve heard since, well, Rick Ross tried to entice ladies back to his Neverland Ranch in another of today’s featured tracks. Though I’m not sure how well “I need you like a cigarette” (or “Uranus” puns, for that matter) would work in a game-time situation, there’s no question that this catchy cut will be burning up dancefloors nationwide. Fans with a taste for electro-tinged club bangers are sure to find more to their liking on Christian Rich’s The Decadence LP, due out in September.
Written by richard on 07/8/09
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"That Girl" (2009)
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Chris Brown ft. Trey Songz - Songs on 12 Play
- Dyme-A-Duzin - Hip Hope
- Mick Jenkins - DJBooth RapBox Freestyle
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.