Move over, Chester French and Logan De Gaulle, there’s a new confusingly-named duo in town! Chi-town’s Christian Rich, who readers may remember from their boardwork on Theo‘s recently-featured Cloud 9, are not, as you might (and I did) initially assume, one person, but a group made up of twin brothers Kehinde “Rich” Hassan and Taiwo “Christian” Hassan. With that cleared up, we’re proud to present their new single. Released online this past May, Famous Girl has been revamped for inclusion on the duo’s forthcoming debut album. Over their own club-ready instrumental, driven by stop-start synths and a swung percussion rhythm, the twosome woo a big-name female with some of most entertainingly bizarre come-ons I’ve heard since, well, Rick Ross tried to entice ladies back to his Neverland Ranch in another of today’s featured tracks. Though I’m not sure how well “I need you like a cigarette” (or “Uranus” puns, for that matter) would work in a game-time situation, there’s no question that this catchy cut will be burning up dancefloors nationwide. Fans with a taste for electro-tinged club bangers are sure to find more to their liking on Christian Rich’s The Decadence LP, due out in September.
Written by richard on 07/8/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"That Girl" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Omar LinX - Forgive Me
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.