Move over, Chester French and Logan De Gaulle, there’s a new confusingly-named duo in town! Chi-town’s Christian Rich, who readers may remember from their boardwork on Theo‘s recently-featured Cloud 9, are not, as you might (and I did) initially assume, one person, but a group made up of twin brothers Kehinde “Rich” Hassan and Taiwo “Christian” Hassan. With that cleared up, we’re proud to present their new single. Released online this past May, Famous Girl has been revamped for inclusion on the duo’s forthcoming debut album. Over their own club-ready instrumental, driven by stop-start synths and a swung percussion rhythm, the twosome woo a big-name female with some of most entertainingly bizarre come-ons I’ve heard since, well, Rick Ross tried to entice ladies back to his Neverland Ranch in another of today’s featured tracks. Though I’m not sure how well “I need you like a cigarette” (or “Uranus” puns, for that matter) would work in a game-time situation, there’s no question that this catchy cut will be burning up dancefloors nationwide. Fans with a taste for electro-tinged club bangers are sure to find more to their liking on Christian Rich’s The Decadence LP, due out in September.
Written by richard on 07/8/09
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"That Girl" (2009)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)