Another day and another fresh new beat. Christian Rich (of whom we featured back in September 2010 with Say My Name featuring Colin Munroe) is the work of a duo of DJ’s originally hailing from Chicago that are carving out their own Dubstep meets trap niche. The style integrates vocal trap cuts music, which indelibly gets a party going, in this case from the late Aaliyah, with distortion of Dubstep. Today’s featured single, Back Room, gives the listener hard vocal cuts paired with a soft background ambiance that makes the track a great listen each and every time. Expect more of this style as Christian Rich continue to move towards the release of their Gold Gold Gold EP.
Written by Thomas K Welker on 10/2/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Famous Girl (U.S. Single Version)" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.