Another day and another fresh new beat. Christian Rich (of whom we featured back in September 2010 with Say My Name featuring Colin Munroe) is the work of a duo of DJ’s originally hailing from Chicago that are carving out their own Dubstep meets trap niche. The style integrates vocal trap cuts music, which indelibly gets a party going, in this case from the late Aaliyah, with distortion of Dubstep. Today’s featured single, Back Room, gives the listener hard vocal cuts paired with a soft background ambiance that makes the track a great listen each and every time. Expect more of this style as Christian Rich continue to move towards the release of their Gold Gold Gold EP.
Written by Thomas K Welker on 10/2/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Famous Girl (U.S. Single Version)" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.