Another day and another fresh new beat. Christian Rich (of whom we featured back in September 2010 with Say My Name featuring Colin Munroe) is the work of a duo of DJ’s originally hailing from Chicago that are carving out their own Dubstep meets trap niche. The style integrates vocal trap cuts music, which indelibly gets a party going, in this case from the late Aaliyah, with distortion of Dubstep. Today’s featured single, Back Room, gives the listener hard vocal cuts paired with a soft background ambiance that makes the track a great listen each and every time. Expect more of this style as Christian Rich continue to move towards the release of their Gold Gold Gold EP.
Written by Thomas K Welker on 10/2/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Famous Girl (U.S. Single Version)" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.