Ever since September, when the Shreveport, L.A. native earned rave reviews for unreleased cut Thurzdey, fans have undoubtedly been wondering when they’d get to enjoy another fresh record from Christian Deshun. Well, how does Right now sound? Those who were feeling the aforementioned joint’s chill vibes and offbeat cadences will be happy to find that those traits are even more pronounced on this newly-released buzz single. Over his own production, an atmospheric arrangement driven by ebbing and flowing synths, the artist delves into the internal conflicts that color his daily hustle, delivering his bars in an effortless, yet never predictable flow. He even tries his hand at some low-key crooning on the record’s chorus. Though Right isn’t slated to appear on the project, those digging it will undoubtedly appreciate the rest of the fresh material in store on Christian’s Subtle Weekends LP, dropping at a yet-undetermined date in the near future.
Written by richard on 01/21/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- Saba, The Native Son #TopProspects
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.