All I Want, the DJBooth-premiered lead single off Christian Blaizer‘s posthumous debut set, saw an impressive array of guests (including hip-hop vets Redman and Erick Sermon) joining the headliner for an upbeat, street-ready ode to the paper chase. On the follow-up, another exclusive world premiere, Blaizer takes a turn into more intimate—and, considering the circumstances, poignant—lyrical territory. Executive Produced by Paul Yomi and featuring a tension-fraught, piano-led instrumental by Jason Farsight, Coma (Remix) features the emcee’s reflections on the cutthroat nature of the hustle, as well as his own mortality. Windy City-repping reader fave Paypa provides guest bars, and veteran R&B group 112 tie the record together with some low-key hook and backing vocals. The Oath is scheduled for digital release December 12. In the meantime, this single is available for free download with a suggested donation to Christian Blaizer’s JustGiving account. All proceeds will go to ACLT, a charity dedicated to finding blood and bone marrow donors for black and ethnic minority patients in the UK.
Written by richard on 11/30/12
Submit your Rating
Blue Rain Entertainment
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"All I Want" (2012)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.